Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Fan problem (PCM pin related)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 12:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well that doesn't make sense since the harness was ordered for a 2000 silverado for the guy i bought it from, and i too have an 00 silverado lol.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

Pin 33 is only available on 03-up. On 02-down it controls the air recirc control on the A/C. EFI-Live supposedly has a custom os that lets you use 33 for fans again, but I kinda like Max-A/C. Us HPT guys are outta luck though. Like pretty much everybody else I tap the A/C compressor line for the high speed line.

Somebody needs to make a controller that taps the A/C pressure sensor so we can run the fans like they were meant to be run...
Old 06-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by s3gulit
I knew that already black, but can i just tap into the green wire thats already in pin 33 with a scotchlock and get the same function? I dunno even know wtf that wire does, i've been google/forum searching for like 3 hrs now and i can't find any info on it.

33 is to turn my fans on high when my a/c is on or when my temp is at 210* so i really need it, we have a cold front right now so its only 70's during the day but it's not gonna be long before 90-100's roll in again and im gonna be usin the a/c. I wasn't sure if that thin wire would have any extra strain on it or not? Surely there can't be much voltage rollin through it to burn it up.
I read a couple of guys on GMFullsize that have a <02 truck were able to use pin 33... You have to change G0106 to Fan #2 Control, under the System -> AC section...

Old 06-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Launching!

so wire-33 is reciculation...not needed IMO. I asked a couple of guys and they said they just pulled the old pin out and put the new pin for the fans in....i've gotta call zippy and double check that he turned 33 tom. since i don't wanna bother him on a weekend.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Resident Retard

so wire-33 is reciculation...not needed IMO. I asked a couple of guys and they said they just pulled the old pin out and put the new pin for the fans in....i've gotta call zippy and double check that he turned 33 tom. since i don't wanna bother him on a weekend.
I believe so, the auto recirculation from my looking around is just mainly used for automatic climate control...
Old 06-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Launching!

well called some of my buddies at the dealership and had them look it up and it's not even used on my truck so i dunno why the pin is there :shrugs:

unplugged it and put the fan control pin in...they still don't kick into high since it's not getting hot enough. 90*F outside, and with both fans running on low my temp is 185ish or so. Couple of guys said there's have never kicked in to high since both on low is plenty so whatever, they work and its staying cooler
Old 06-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Resident Retard

well called some of my buddies at the dealership and had them look it up and it's not even used on my truck so i dunno why the pin is there :shrugs:

unplugged it and put the fan control pin in...they still don't kick into high since it's not getting hot enough. 90*F outside, and with both fans running on low my temp is 185ish or so. Couple of guys said there's have never kicked in to high since both on low is plenty so whatever, they work and its staying cooler
Try letting it idle witht he AC on. If your tune is programmed for AC pressures then it should kick the high speed fan on after awhile..
Old 06-23-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
I read a couple of guys on GMFullsize that have a <02 truck were able to use pin 33... You have to change G0106 to Fan #2 Control, under the System -> AC section...

That is EXACTLY right. I added 05 fans to my 02 Sierra a few weeks back. I also used the OEM harness from a 2006 Silverado. I changed A/C AutoRecirc. to control fan #2 and then commanded series parallel fans under the fan option. Simply pulled pin 33 (its a green wire) out of the red PCM plug and taped the end of it up. They've been working flawlessly.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Resident Retard

Originally Posted by xlcooplx
That is EXACTLY right. I added 05 fans to my 02 Sierra a few weeks back. I also used the OEM harness from a 2006 Silverado. I changed A/C AutoRecirc. to control fan #2 and then commanded series parallel fans under the fan option. Simply pulled pin 33 (its a green wire) out of the red PCM plug and taped the end of it up. They've been working flawlessly.
That is what I did too, and mine work great, except mine did not have anything in pin33!!! I did some logging on the AC pressures and lowered the AC enable on both fan 1 and 2 from the stock 05 values and my AC is BUTT A** Cold!!!! My GF makes me turn it down!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 11:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
That is what I did too, and mine work great, except mine did not have anything in pin33!!! I did some logging on the AC pressures and lowered the AC enable on both fan 1 and 2 from the stock 05 values and my AC is BUTT A** Cold!!!! My GF makes me turn it down!!!
My A/C is cold as well. 03+ trucks do not use PIN33 as their A/C autorecirculate is already built into the HVAC module itself.

Quick Reply: E-Fan problem (PCM pin related)