Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Dyno place refuses to dyno my truck-Procharger

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 06:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno place refuses to dyno my truck-Procharger

Man it's been kind of a rough week. They call me back to the shop, and are listening to my blower thru a stethoscope. They say that is sounds like a bearing is bad, or the impellor is scraping on the housing, because it chatters, and rattles pretty loudly. I just did the oil change on it(first one) a couple days ago. there was nothing in the oil, but it was dark. The drain plug had barely a little super fine dust type material on it which I think is probably normal. It has never been run w/o oil. When I talked to ATI after installing it, they told me the loud rattling/chattering was normal and don't worry about it.
The guy at the dyno shop takes me over to a Mustang with a P-1sc blower on it, and it makes absolutley no noise except the whine/whistle. No chattering, or any of that. They also said they have a Vette with one, and it makes none of this noise. They will not dyno it now, and it is the only place in town with a wideband.
WTF am I supposed to do now?
I can't get emissions(am taking it to the city referee station to have them look at it fri morning)
ATI is closed for the day of course now, and I couldn't get thru earlier today. I thought that the ATI's all sounded like mine. Any help is appreciated. I am about to take it off and say F it at this point after spending 4-5 grand on it, and my injectors.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:14 PM
Teching In

Default Re: Dyno place refuses to dyno my truck-Procharger

sorry to hear bout that

Do what my friend did with his ATI P1SC unit....He had some problems with it, I think kind of like yours, not sure. He took the unit off and sent it back to ATI and they replaced it with a new one. You should have a warrenty on it from ATI, and they should replace it or fix it.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

How hard is it to take apart?
Old 05-07-2003, 07:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Old 05-07-2003, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think you're worried about nothing. my ati p1sc I had on my T/a last year was the same way NEW. I talked to the installer and ati, BOTH said it was normal.

the dyno shop is stupid!
Old 05-07-2003, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My procharger makes the same noise at idle. Do a search on the noise in the FI section. Some ATI superchargers do not make this noise due to boost levels. ATI says that my noise will go away after the smaller pulley is installed and the blower turns faster. As long as this noise happens only at idle it will be fine.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:17 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember reading the same thing that stupidfast said.

Why won't they dyno it? Are they afraid it will blow and they will be responsible?
Old 05-07-2003, 09:17 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Mine does it too--Trust me its normal its the gears lashing back and forth due to air pressure in front of the blower.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

"Why won't they dyno it? Are they afraid it will blow and they will be responsible?"

Exactly. I have to talk to the owner on friday, who is never there. This is my second re scheduled appt for the dyno, and I have yet to talk to the owner after leaving him three messages over the past few months. I just pulled one of my plugs and I can tell it is running lean as hell. Lame. I put the fmu back on too, and it doesn't even boost the pressure unless you really wind it out, which I am not doing, knowing it's lean. I am going to wait until I get the emissions done, and then mess with the fuel pressure too. I am seeing abut 50psi fuel press at idle. I bought a torx security bit set so I can hopefully loosen the regulator screw, and turn up the fuel press a bit. I don't know why it's lean, I have the bigger injectors, and my Ltrims are negative and close to zero. I thought that the PE would be good if my Ltrims are close and good like that. I have the PE at 65% until 3600 rpms, then at 60%
How can I turn up my PE to dump more gas at WOT???