Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Dynatech Supermaxx headers and NBS

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynatech Supermaxx headers and NBS

Hello all, got a question, go figure right? I was thinking of the new Dynatech Supermaxx system for my 07 NBS Silverado CC, and was looking around trying to find the right part number. I looked through the thread for the group purchase that TBYRNE did last month and got the part number which was 115-841300, I found a pair of these, the whole system for a good price and wanted to double check to make sure they fit, so I called Dynatech and spoke with Don. I was told they had no system for the 2007, and that one wasnt even in development.
So my question is, did the system fit on the trucks that you guys ordered them for in the group purchase? If they fit, and Dynatech just hasnt gotten around to seeing if they fit then great, Ill buy the system, but if they didnt fit, why would there be a group sale for a system that doesnt bolt up? Im really hoping they fit, and I would appreciate any feedback you guys have. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Teching In

so everyone who bought those headers in the group purchase has nothing to add??? C'mon, they either fit or they dont
Old 11-16-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I am not mistaken, the 07+ were preorders, they are not made yet, but in development.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would say whoever you spoke to at d/tech was mistaken.
i ordered mine from tbyrne and they called d/tech to get the part # and eta for the 6l kit.
the 6l kit should be available in december and i assume the 4.8 and 5.3 kits are out now
Old 11-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Teching In

thanks for the answers, Ill just wait and see.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

Digging up a super old thread...Is there any fitment issues between the old Dynatech and new Dynatech headers? Like, any physical difference from '99-'10? Yep, odd question, but I figured GM didn't change much of anything except a few styling differences.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:53 PM
TECH Regular

I guess big question is...is there any real difference in head fitment between the frame, steering shaft, or body from any of our trucks?
Old 01-17-2017, 06:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drspencer
I guess big question is...is there any real difference in head fitment between the frame, steering shaft, or body from any of our trucks?
Well, Dynatech has a header part number that fits 99-06. A separate header number that fits 07-13, and for that range, two different y-pipe part numbers (fitting 07-08 and 09-13). I guess the answer to your question would be yes.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:09 AM
TECH Regular

Right...but as we know, although there are part number changes, some parts will fit in the same space. The early header does a loop on the 2nd primary on the driver's side and then the revised part number for the same year doesn't . If no one actually knows, then know one knows, not a big deal. Just wondering if anyone, beyond reading part numbers, actually knows if there was any change to the front end of the trucks between the engine and frame in that 14 year span.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If there was no difference in the 99-13, then they would currently use the same header part number for all of those years.

If you are trying to compare the old hump style to the newer style, that is just a design change. They both fit the truck they are made for. I have had the old style and the new style on my '02.

Quick Reply: Dynatech Supermaxx headers and NBS