Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Duramax coming soon, need performance advice!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a 600hp Suncoast TC or a ATS Triple LOC TC will hold the Juice just fine no need to get different clutch pacs getting clutch pacs are a waste of money when you can solve it by the TC.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SJLingenfelter
a 600hp Suncoast TC or a ATS Triple LOC TC will hold the Juice just fine no need to get different clutch pacs getting clutch pacs are a waste of money when you can solve it by the TC.
I think suncoast would disagree.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:06 PM
TECH Veteran

I thought that the Suncoast and TransGo were good to just over 400rwhp? 600rwhp takes a few clutch packs to rebuild. Besides it's just behind the pump so I'd do the C2 for sure until I could dump $5200 for a total trans (well minus the converter cost)
Old 01-28-2004, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jorday
I think suncoast would disagree.
Why do you say that? I ran a Suncoast 600hp with a 130hp/300tq chip and Propane on my Powerstroke and never had that tranny slip.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:33 PM
10 Second Club

The owner of suncoast said with the edge/attitude the allison will eventually slip in 5th still with just a torque converter change...additional changes are necessary. What difference does it make that your ford was able to handle X amount of power with only a torque converter change?
Old 01-28-2004, 04:54 PM
Staging Lane

Because If Allision is so bad *** then it shouldnt need any more than a TC. If my E4OD and 400hp Suncoast can handle a bigger chip than a Allision with a 400hp TC can then theres something wrong with Allision. I mean my E4OD can snap a neck with either a VB or a SK. All Im saying is that if Allision cant hold it but they clam to be bad *** it kinda shows you something.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Because If Allision is so bad *** that it shouldnt need any more than a TC. If my E4OD and 400hp Suncoast can handle a bigger chip than a Allision with a 400hp TC can then theres something wrong with Allision. I mean my E4OD can snap a neck with either a VB or a SK. All Im saying is that if Allision can hold it but they clam to be bad *** it kinda shows you something.

Dude, if you don't know a lot about stuff (i.e. the DMax and Alli) don't post up like you do. It's okay not to... I don't know everything either. Comparing the Powerstroke-E4OD/4R100 to the Duramax-Allison setup is not an equal comparison. But I do know the Allison internally won't hold that power... the clutch packs slip. They are just std. material not made for hauling ***.

I can assure you a built Allison will take more than a build E4OD/4R100 would. The E4OD/4R100 is like GM's 4L80E...big and strong but the Allison simply can be made to be stronger.

The slippage is under heavy loads (boost and fuel) usually in 4th and 5th gears. I've seen plenty of Pre'97 guys kill E4ODs in very low/stock power levels so to say you can run 400rwhp through a stock one is very unlikely to me. Sure in 1995 they were updated a lot of stuff but the E4OD was never made to he hi-po either.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

Nevermind your not hearing me on the right level. If i didnt know **** about diesel then I wouldnt own a damn Diesel performance shop.

Abbo7,
If you need a chip or exhaust or tranny give me a hollar. Number was posted above.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

My brothers 01 does not have a cat!
Old 01-28-2004, 05:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Nevermind your not hearing me on the right level. If i didnt know **** about diesel then I wouldnt own a damn Diesel performance shop.

Abbo7,
If you need a chip or exhaust or tranny give me a hollar. Number was posted above.

Where did I say you do not understand diesel tech? That's right I didn't, so your n00b-*** better not put words in my mouth. I stated that the information you are providing on the ALLISON transmission is incorrect. That is all. It WILL slip over ~400rwhp EVEN with the multiclutch converter.

Quick Reply: Duramax coming soon, need performance advice!