Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daily driving kick in the pants for stock LQ9?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 127 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by wretched73
Why not just start with cam and headers? Then if that isn't enough wait around for a good price on a used supercharger?
Not going "inside" if I can avoid it. And I'm pretty leery of a used supercharger. I know plenty of people sell good ones because they're just changing plans or upgrading, but there's also junk out there disguised as good parts.

The price point on the Torqstorm is pretty good I think for what it seems to deliver, but looking for more input as I'm not sold on any particular path at this point.

Richard
Old 12-27-2017, 07:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

1 7/8 headers
Circle D 2B converter
Tune or retune

Don't the SS's have 4.10s stock? Keep them if they do.

That converter is a night/day difference over stock and can be swapped in a few hours if you have all the tools.
Old 12-28-2017, 01:17 AM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

A TVS blower is hard to beat for bolt on power when you want to keep it mild. It’ll add power from start to finish.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:24 AM
Former Vendor

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey guys, Im here to answer any questions you may have. Our units work great for a daily driver. One of our first silverado kits from our old kit just rolled over 30k miles since first installed. Same belt and all. Only 10k mile oil changes on the head unit. We are still finalizing the silverado kit. Should be soon after the new year. The intercooler isn't too much of an issue for most. It is fairly simple to build a mount for an intercooler and connect the points with piping and couplers.

Torqstorm
Old 12-28-2017, 08:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Torqstorm
Hey guys, Im here to answer any questions you may have. Our units work great for a daily driver. One of our first silverado kits from our old kit just rolled over 30k miles since first installed. Same belt and all. Only 10k mile oil changes on the head unit. We are still finalizing the silverado kit. Should be soon after the new year. The intercooler isn't too much of an issue for most. It is fairly simple to build a mount for an intercooler and connect the points with piping and couplers.

Torqstorm
Waiting for the new 00-06 kits...Going to drop one on when they're ready!!!
Old 12-29-2017, 01:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default S/c

I'm thinking about trying to see if one will fit
in my truck. fitting an I/C will be a ****.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Still sitting here wondering if a PD blower isn't a better choice for my application. No comments on that?

Thanks,
Richard
Old 12-29-2017, 07:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
A TVS blower is hard to beat for bolt on power when you want to keep it mild. It’ll add power from start to finish.
This is a PD blower.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by madmann26
This is a PD blower.
Yep, I understand that. I'm referring to the Torqstorm

Thanks,
Richard
Old 12-29-2017, 10:52 AM
Former Vendor

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Bare with me in my explanation, I'm sure some will disagree, but this is my opinion from my experience and knowledge. A centrifugal supercharger will be more effective power for the street use. A centrifugal is more linear and builds boost through out the rpm range, where a positive displacement will build all the boost more instant and lack in top end horsepower. As well as controlling the sudden surge of power down low and maintaining traction that will plateau early in the rpm curve. So it really depends on the type of power you would like. Cooler/ denser air will make more power, that being said with a positive displacement you deal with water lines and pump, a centrifugal you would generally plumb an air/air intercooler. Either one will make great power and be very fun to drive. It really depends on your goal and use everything has a benefit/downfall.
If you have anymore questions with our systems feel free to send a message id be glad to help.

Torqstorm

Quick Reply: Daily driving kick in the pants for stock LQ9?