Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Crossed Drilled Rotors.....Vol II

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 08:38 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by treyZ28
dude, its an $11,000,000,000 company. They can test brake pads. They have brake dynos galore.

Damn, do you sit on the computer all day waiting for someone to make a post so you can make a smart *** reply? I wasn't asking you, hence the reason I quoted ford boy. Do you mind? Sheesh, I'm just wondering.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:47 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by F150boy84
not to beat a dead horse, but i just spoke with my co-worker with 30 years of rotor and pad testing experience. He says that in his test that he has ran the cd-ed rotors wear the pad out twice as fast and no braking advantages are gained. HTey even tested, regular cast iron and carbon fiber rotors...craaazy...carbon fiber rotors..now that would be some bling

When my truck was new, I changed the rotors to cross drilled. Got almost 53K out of the pads. So if I left them un drilled I would have seen over 100K out of the pads? Hell, maybe I have a 11 Billon dollar truck! Well, I like to think I do
Old 05-24-2004, 09:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chingon
What kind of test was done to determine that CDed rotors wear out pads faster than stock blank rotors with no decrease in stopping distance?

the test ran basically 100 mph-60
100 -0
60-0
and abs stops on diferent frictional surfaces.

of course there we numerous stops not jsut those four.

Trey i talked to Chris MCormmick. the head of all BSE.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:33 PM
Teching In

wha the ****? how is your truck driving? hat points out. Theres only 2 ways to put it on, one wont even come close to fitting. Well, unless you have directional vanes like a C5.

Actually, i take that back. you have CD'd so you can put your left on your right? is that what you are saying? It shouldn't matter. Its fubar either way
Nick; who did you talk to?

Silver lake this weekend? Lets see if those tires can float a diesel.
Yea no crap..only one way to put on a rotor without being a complete dumbass, so i have no clue how they could possibly put the rotors on "backwards" maaaybe its just a different style of rotor...

I'm down for going this weekend, but id just be riding with you, my truck is back at my place in flint, getting some upgraded hardware.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like I might be going to NY to pick up a dmax. details sketchy right now.

Chris McCormick is the man Cheif engineer or TRW braking at the age of what... 35? Thats just vicious
Old 05-24-2004, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

If you guys are too stupid to understand what im saying im sorry let me make this REAL simple for ya ....

If you know so much about rotors how the hell would you not know that the front rotors could be switched thus making the PATTERN of the holes flowing from back to front. Instead of from front to back.... with all your claimed knowledge in brakes you really show your true stupidity
Old 05-24-2004, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by -= MacADaYear =-
If you guys are too stupid to understand what im saying im sorry let me make this REAL simple for ya ....

If you know so much about rotors how the hell would you not know that the front rotors could be switched thus making the PATTERN of the holes flowing from back to front. Instead of from front to back.... with all your claimed knowledge in brakes you really show your true stupidity
not to play the role of captain obvious or anything but you are the one asking US questions...

and further more; if you are going to ask questions, remember the answers given.

treyZ28: you have CD'd so you can put your left on your right? is that what you are saying?

That is crossing them, switching left and right, mixing up sides.... backwards is when it goes on backwards, as in back where the front should be. I guess were just a bunch of dumbasses. We go to school, work in the deisgn of these parts but you know best when you cant even put them on the correct side of the damn car.

Keep on beleiving everything you hear. There are no such things as myths in the automotive world. Everything is solely performance based and anything any manufacturer tells you is 100% honest. Cheif engineers of 11 billion dollar braking companys don't know their ****. but you; you know it ALL. And all from reading the intardnet! Who needs kollage! We can just sit around an internet forum and parrot each other all day long. **** it, its not my money.

Some other products you should look into:

Hypertech
throttle body spacers
air foils
tornado
that new electric supercharger
Old 05-24-2004, 11:03 PM
TECH Addict

Again... another long *** post by a moron with no info.

Instead of flapping your mouth how smart you are try some content there? I didnt put them on the wrong way and I was seeing what you guys would say to a question that popped up in my head when installing. All that schooling you have taken obviously only taught you how to tell everyone how smart you are instead of just answering the question.

THATS FOR NOTHING MORON
Old 05-24-2004, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes, you know best. this thread is filled with 7 pages of me trying to put rotor companies out of buisness.

so what exactly have you contributed?
Old 05-24-2004, 11:09 PM
TECH Addict

yes, you know best. this thread is filled with 7 pages of me trying to put rotor companies out of buisness.

so what exactly have you contributed?
According to my post count 998 posts more than you

Quick Reply: Crossed Drilled Rotors.....Vol II