Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crane Gold Race rocker stud torque?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 12:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Crane Gold Race rocker stud torque?

I lost my instructions for my Gold race rockers and I need the stud torque specs. Can anyone help me out? I don't want to guess on this.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:59 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I can't scan this at home, so I'll just type it out.

1. Remove all stock rocker arm parts and pushrods.

2. Clean the rocker stud boss area and threaded holes of any oil or dirt. Failure to clean these areas can result in damage or failure of the valvetrain.

3. Start with one cylinder at a time. Place the pushrod guideplate onto the stud boss area with its stiffening fold facing UP, and the pushrod slots facing the intake ports. Take two of the rocker arm studs, apply Permatex Blue Thread Locker for Aluminum to the 8mm threaded area that will screw into the cylinder head, and thread the studs through the guideplate and into the cylinder head. Run them down my hand until the parts are seated.

4. Two adjusting nuts with a 5/8" hex are provided for rocker arm stud installation purposes. Install one of the two nuts on each stud, run the nut down until it stops at the end of the threads, then back the nut up one full turn. Holding the nut with a 5/8" box wrench, tighten the allen set screw, and then torque the set screw to 25 ft. lbs. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN! Now, torque the adjusting nut and rocker arm stud on the head at 22 ft. lbs.

5. Holding the hex of the installation nut from rotating-loosen the setscrew. The installation nut MUST NOT TURN, as this would loosen the stud. Once the setscrew is free to turn, remove the installation nut and set screw from the stud.

6. Repeat this process on the other rocker arm stud for this cylinder. Continue to do one cylinder at a time until all rocker arm studs and guideplates are installed. Allow sufficient drying time for the locking compound to cure before proceeding.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AK, I knew I could count on you. And timely, too. I'm getting my heads together and might even get the blower on today. Thanks again!
Old 06-11-2011, 01:23 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No problem! Waiting to see that thing finished!