Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Cheap Long-tubes for swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 12:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap Long-tubes for swap

I have a 97 2wd Chevy that I put a 6.0 in. I bought some headers with the motor, that I believe to be eBay long tubes for a later model truck. They hit the frame on the passengers side. I haven't even tried the drivers side.

My question; is there a cheap eBay long tube header for a popular LS car, say like a Camaro, that would fit my application? I would be willing to modify the header slightly if necessary. I just think clearancing my frame for my headers now would be a little silly. I'm on a really tight budget right now for this, so any little I can save, I have to try to. I read that most people use the Sconfield swap headers, but if I can tell the wife I spent $100 on eBay headers vs the $280 for the Sconfields, that would make my life with her a lot easier
Old 11-28-2018, 01:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

how bad is it hitting the frame? a muffler shop might be able to adjust the headers cheaper than buying a new set.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by firebladeJJ
how bad is it hitting the frame? a muffler shop might be able to adjust the headers cheaper than buying a new set.
I replied yesterday on my phone and it said a mod had to check it first. Not sure why. Hopefully this posts.

I tried the passenger side again yesterday to really think about my modification options. I suppose I could heat the one tube up that hits the frame and bash it in. I just really don't like the collectors on them. So I pulled the trigger on some $100 eBay stainless full length F-body headers with free return shipping. They don't have the super odd necked down collector that my current headers have, so as long as they are close, I would be more inclined to modify them. And worse case, it won't cost me anything to return them.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:27 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Some guys use TBSS pacesetters on those trucks.

Speed engineering also also has some cheaper LS swap headers as well.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by ovrebo1
I replied yesterday on my phone and it said a mod had to check it first. Not sure why. Hopefully this posts.

I tried the passenger side again yesterday to really think about my modification options. I suppose I could heat the one tube up that hits the frame and bash it in. I just really don't like the collectors on them. So I pulled the trigger on some $100 eBay stainless full length F-body headers with free return shipping. They don't have the super odd necked down collector that my current headers have, so as long as they are close, I would be more inclined to modify them. And worse case, it won't cost me anything to return them.
I put a set of Pacesetter long tubes on my 05 4.8l Sierra and hitting frame on the same side. Didn't have that issue with the Pacesetters on my gto
Old 12-31-2018, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

https://www.texas-speed.com/p-4150-t...e-headers.aspx can't beat this price for tsp headers!!