Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam Motion Blower Cam Install

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 02:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All the specs I have are posted above.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Naked AV, A+ writeup dude

sheered the driveshaft!!! Ya I'd say you are doing well

Camshafts are difficult to figure out in the beginning. A few minutes on the phone with knowledgeable engine builders/tuners is a good place to get information.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice write up are you going back to the dyno when you get it fixed? Keep us posted on what it runs when you go to the track!
Old 11-19-2004, 06:10 PM
Banned

Cool writeup,keep us posted!
Old 11-20-2004, 05:05 PM
TECH Addict

You obviously had some experienced help. What was your total time from start to finish? Do you still have the stock fan?? If so, did it have to be removed? After being a part of this one, do you think that you could do it yourself?? Id like to get my cam in before years end but have 2 probs. 1. no one other than me will ever work on my truck 2. only know one friend that has the knowledge of cam swaps that could help, but he works quite a bit and probably wouldnt be too excited to spend his weekend under the hood of my truck.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Yes, I have the stock fan and we took it fan off the pulley, but I'm not sure we had to. Perhaps moregrip can chime in with his opinion.

Total time was ~18 hours. That certainly does not reflect at all on the quality of the assistance; actually, it has more to do with the only thing I had ever done before on a car of mine was change the oil. I was constantly asking questions the entire time and when in doubt, was backing up and double (sometimes triple) checking. I bet if I had it to do all over again I could knock that time in half. And I would venture that I could probably do it myself, once I found out where to put the bar to stop the motor from turning over (required to manipulate the crank pulley/bolt).
Old 11-20-2004, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks man. I guess I'll wait until I can get some experienced help. Sounds like a real job either way. Good luck with the truck, sounds like its really going to move once you get it running again
Old 11-20-2004, 06:03 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Naked AV
Yes, I have the stock fan and we took it fan off the pulley, but I'm not sure we had to. Perhaps moregrip can chime in with his opinion.

Total time was ~18 hours. That certainly does not reflect at all on the quality of the assistance; actually, it has more to do with the only thing I had ever done before on a car of mine was change the oil. I was constantly asking questions the entire time and when in doubt, was backing up and double (sometimes triple) checking. I bet if I had it to do all over again I could knock that time in half. And I would venture that I could probably do it myself, once I found out where to put the bar to stop the motor from turning over (required to manipulate the crank pulley/bolt).
leave the fan attached to the waterpump, remove as one pc.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:53 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Originally Posted by Naked AV

i never did show you how to lock up the flexplate huh. now that you've experience a cam swap its time for a head swap .

i finally pulled my motor today, from the top as a shortblock.
Old 11-21-2004, 11:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by jrp
i finally pulled my motor today, from the top as a shortblock.
That's excellent, one step closer. I can't wait to hear that thing fired up.