Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

bosche platinums plus 4

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 05:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

funny thing here, I'm currently running bosch platinum 4's in my truck ( bought them when I didn't know n e thing about them ) and so far so good. I think on my next tune up I'm going w/ ngk's though.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

i have the +4 also, i put them in about 2 weeks ago. i have the 4.8 and it runs fine. it doesn't seem like it runs any better than the stock ones but it doesn't run bad. I never heard of NGK's? do they have them at the regular auto stores? and how much?
Old 06-22-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

NAPA and O'Reilly have the NGKs. The Bosch plugs I used felt good for a few weeks and then crapped out. On the other hand I put a set of the NGK TR55 plugs in my truck over 2 years ago and they still run great, took them out to install the headers and looked almost as good as the day I installed them. One was cracked in the whole ordeal so I changed them all anyways bc I had a new set but I was really impressed with how well they held up.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:41 AM
Staging Lane

=4s seemed ok for me. Made it idle high and ran a little rough. Got AC Delco plats a year later for xmas and it runs alot better.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:01 AM
Launching!

I have been running them for about 10,000 miles now, no problems yet, maybe I will try the NGK's next to see how they run.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by goshawk23
Sux slimey snails ***.

I had to change the plugs in the wifes Trailblazer. Went to local advance, got some plugs, went home, halfway through the job i realized they were too short to work. My truck battery was at advance for them to check it out. (optima red top, shitted out on me) so now i have to either put her truck back together or undo her batt and put in my truck. well, that took forever. positive cable was stuck. anyway, only plugs the store had left was the bosche plus 4's. against my better judgement, i got them at an additional 30 bucks over the other plugs. get home, install the plugs, wrap everything up, getting ready to hear and feel a smooth running engine and the damn thing won't start so, i make a few phone calls, two people both tell me what i already knew and i took them out. cleaned the stock plugs, put them back in, and bam, fires right up. smooth running as if it were brand new.

i did go get my money back, and a brand new red top on the house. needless to say, those plugs aren't worth jack crap in my book so stay as far away as you can.

LOL - you musta hooked the wires up wrong !
Old 06-25-2005, 10:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

i used those on my 94 silverado and they sucked!! so ever since I have always used ac delco and work good.... I might try the NGK since ya'll are giving real good comments about them...plus I think they are cheaper the last set of ac delco I bought for my truck cost me $6 a piece!!!
Old 06-25-2005, 12:01 PM
Truck addict

Originally Posted by sd155racer
LOL - you musta hooked the wires up wrong !
considering that is impossible with the I6 4.2L, i doubt it!
Old 06-25-2005, 02:29 PM
13 Second Truck Club

What year model TB and why did you feel the neede to change the plugs...how many miles already ??? Just curious because the little womans TB sometimes just dies for no apparent reason and the warranty is up at 55K miles on it so I ain't taking it back to the dealer for something that happens like every blue moon...Zed
Old 06-26-2005, 04:53 AM
Truck addict

Originally Posted by storm5.3
What year model TB and why did you feel the neede to change the plugs...how many miles already ??? Just curious because the little womans TB sometimes just dies for no apparent reason and the warranty is up at 55K miles on it so I ain't taking it back to the dealer for something that happens like every blue moon...Zed
ours has 95K on it. my wife drives over an hour one way to work so the miles have been racked up on it quite fast. it's an 02 model.

basically, here in the last few months, the power level feels decreased, and it doesn't idle as smooth as it once did. right now i am chasing ghost in it. on her way home from work, the ses light came on, i checked the codes and one was saying bank one is too lean and the other says bank one too rich. also, it gets a bad hesitation and a bad bad bad lack of power at times. then it clears up and goes. when i had the plugs out, they looked worn and i am almost positive it is causing a lot of the problems.

Quick Reply: bosche platinums plus 4