Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Big Problem, Help Please!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 07:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Problem, Help Please!!!!!!

On my way home from work the other night a new Dodge Charger was messing with me so I sprayed on him once just for a few seconds when I passed him.

So right after that my truck lost power, like it will barely pull itself up a hill now. I started checking things out, did a compression test on all 8 cylinders and they all have between 180-200 psi so that's good. My spark plugs look perfectly fine. I pulled both valve covers and the rocker arms, springs, and pushrods all look good. It just feels like something is choking out my motor now.

Also now I hear some noises from the top of the motor kind of like that sewing machine sound you get when you do a cam and springs but louder. Can anybody help me out please I am at a lost with this. What else can I check?

As far as mods go I have a nelson tune, 216/224 cam, 918 springs, manley pushrods, shorty headers , exhaust, cold air intake, 150 wet shot, yank 3000 stall. I have about 42k for mileage.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:55 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lifters maybe. mine had a sound kinda like that i put in some lucas oil and it slowly went away and got power back.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 4.8T
lifters maybe. mine had a sound kinda like that i put in some lucas oil and it slowly went away and got power back.
That is one thing that I could try, I didn't really think about the lifters causing a power loss.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:06 PM
TECH Resident

It sounds like a sewing machine? It could have burned up a injector. What size injectors are you running?
Old 02-07-2006, 08:09 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mattrem
It sounds like a sewing machine? It could have burned up a injector. What size injectors are you running?
stock injectors
Old 02-07-2006, 08:11 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

but wouldn't that throw a code of sort? miss fire or injector wire short or open or something.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:14 PM
TECH Resident

Is the fuel system stock? I don't know much about the juice game, but it would be a place to start looking, A bad injector will cause the loss of power and the knocking noise. Does it make this noise at idle or when on the gas?
Old 02-07-2006, 08:17 PM
TECH Junkie

May be an injector, or a bent pushrod. That's kind of weird though. Check your throttle blade as well. Not sure how to check the operation of the drive by wire types though. On the other hand, if there is a sound coming from under the hood, it has to be something mechanical. No check engine light though?
Kinda sounds like it is in LIMP mode.
Hopefully it's just an injector or pushrod.

Jim
Old 02-07-2006, 08:17 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mattrem
Is the fuel system stock? I don't know much about the juice game, but it would be a place to start looking, A bad injector will cause the loss of power and the knocking noise. Does it make this noise at idle or when on the gas?
I do have an inline walbro 255lph pump, yes I do hear the noise really good at idle.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:19 PM
TECH Resident

I would pull all the pushrods, It could have collapsed a lifter also. Is it in limp mode?

Quick Reply: Big Problem, Help Please!!!!!!