Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another question about my Predator! Tow/Haul mode?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another question about my Predator! Tow/Haul mode?

Are only the transmission settings affected using the Tow/Haul button? If I read the manual correctly, only the trans settings have a normal mode and performance mode right? Is the tune affected as well? I have my shift points the same for each trans mode so I wouldn't have to remember to push the button when I wanted the higher shift points and faster shifts. I was wondering if the tune is also changed by using the Tow/Haul button, is the tune always in effect or only when the Tow/Haul button is pushed?
Jim
Old 11-04-2003, 09:03 PM
12 Second Club

From what I have gathered, the tune and shifts are affected in either Tow Haul or with it off. I know for a fact I can feel a difference in both the tune and the shifs w/tow/haul off. After talking w/James.....he told me that with the stock Tow/haul mode, the trans line pressure is already turned up (which is why it shifts quicker), and when you go adding to the shifts in Tow/haul, you are getting pretty close to the danger zone regarding the trans clutches and pump. I assume the tune is the same with t/h on or off, the only difference being the shifts. I never really use t/h mode, although I'll try it out at the track to see if I can get more out of it.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:06 PM
Truck addict

i just changed the settings on the normal mode. i left t/h alone so that it will be factory when i tow. it made since to me to do that.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:10 AM

When I first adjusted the trans firmness, I put both modes at +25% for firmness. In the normal mode it felt nice, then I pushed in the Tow/Haul button and thought the truck was going to break. It shifted so hard from 1-2 just cruising along it scared the crap out of me the first time it shifted. I knew something would break it I left it like that. I now have the Tow/Haul shift firmness at 0% for 1-2, +7% for 2-3 and + 15% for 3-OD. It still shifts firmer with the factory Tow/Haul setting from 1-2 than it does from 1-2 in the normal mode and +25% from the Predator.
Jim