Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on my planned 6.0 mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tootall
I'm pretty happy with the way that it is right now . . . hopefully soon . . . it'll have some 1-7/8 LTs that are still in the garage . . .

I'll run those with the stock muff and cats . . . with 2 cutouts after the LTs . . . and it'll still be wifey and heavy trailer pulling approved.
Even that setup would be great. Just depends on whether or not you want the cutouts. The only reason I suggested that you run the system like my customer has is that it flows INSANELY well without being loud at all. Im sure the stock catback will flow fine, its just the manifolds and cats that will hold you back. To each his own though. Its your truck so do what makes you happy. Were all just here to help you spend more money on your truck lol. Heroin addiction and modding trucks cost about the same except with heroin you dont have anything cool to play with.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:14 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a few guys around here running LT's and the factory cat-back and doing very well with it. I like the performance sound of an aftermarket muffler myself, but it isn't for everybody. Obviously the factory exhaust is more restrictive than the aftermarket units, but it's not like it's a banana in your tailpipe lol.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:36 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

man I swear..............I would keep your stock converter; I don't see any problems running it as it flash stalls and brake stalls much higher than a 1500 series truck does. As for the exhaust comments, The stock HD exhaust breathes plenty for the mods you want to do and is also different and larger than a 1500 series exhaust system. If you want to throw a performance muffler or cat-back on there I see no reason not to do that. Run whatever CAI makes you happy and you should be gtg.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:38 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ws6ls1
Even that setup would be great. Just depends on whether or not you want the cutouts. The only reason I suggested that you run the system like my customer has is that it flows INSANELY well without being loud at all. Im sure the stock catback will flow fine, its just the manifolds and cats that will hold you back. To each his own though. Its your truck so do what makes you happy. Were all just here to help you spend more money on your truck lol. Heroin addiction and modding trucks cost about the same except with heroin you dont have anything cool to play with.
stock HD cats flow plenty as is