Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

4.8 ls1 intake swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kano
james
I think you may still have to cut it from what Ive read
not sure on that though

yours should be a return system

97-98 vette fuel rails
or use the existing rails and make brkts

I dont know about the ford 42lb'ers
sounds interesting though
do you know what height they are by chance?

I had no issues with the coils on mine
Yeah, the Ford Lightening(I think thats the right spelling )injectors are suppost to work from what I here, that will fit the stock truck injector plugs and also fit the LS6 intake. Also, any and all ford injectors are the same as the f-body's. They said the only one that are different are the truck injectors that won't fit in the LS1 or LS6 intakes(car intakes). It seems that the same manufacture makes all of the injectors, makes them for both Ford and Chevy. I don't know.....this is what I was told. Go figure!!!

James
Old 06-08-2006, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kano
james
I think you may still have to cut it from what Ive read
not sure on that though

yours should be a return system

97-98 vette fuel rails
or use the existing rails and make brkts

I dont know about the ford 42lb'ers
sounds interesting though
do you know what height they are by chance?

I had no issues with the coils on mine
Oh, I don't know the height of the injectors.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Quik
02 like mine is return. 97/98 is return like ours. all other years are returnless. to use car injectors you need the plugs. and youcna get them off a 4banger of fbody. if you need plugs you cna do two ways call and buy them or PM pewterssz and see if he can set you up with 8 plugs like i did
Thanks. Will the truck fuel rails sit "about" the same way the car fuel rails sit?? I was just trying to eliminate on using butt connectors. I would rather buy a wiring harness or new Ford Lightening 42# injectors. I guess that I will have to look @ Kano and your pics to see how ya'll did ya'lls fuel system. I should run the fuel system the same way like ya'll....?

James
Old 06-08-2006, 07:02 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mjhoward
I basically copied everything they did. It was a pain in the *** moding that water neck since it presses in and I had to use jbweld to get it to seal since I pressed it in and out so many times. If I was to do it again I'd get a 1" or so pipe thread hose fitting and thread it straight in and have it come straight out like the car neck does. It looks like it would clear if you angled it down slightly when you drilled and tapped the new hole. Heck, it looks like it might clear the belt without angling it. Here is the whole Speartech thread.
Speartech LS1 intake swap

so how hard was it to pull the water neck out of the pump? what did you use to pull it out?
Old 06-08-2006, 08:34 PM
5 year bitches!

its really not that bad to solder on new plugs
Old 06-08-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 4.8T
so how hard was it to pull the water neck out of the pump? what did you use to pull it out?
hammer and chissel, scredriver, pliers, torch.....It doesnt come out easy.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:19 AM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

this is a pretty involved mod but you are at the right place to find out what to do, whenever you start you should do your own write up, like kano did, to spread the information around.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by closet red neck
Also, any and all ford injectors are the same as the f-body's. They said the only one that are different are the truck injectors that won't fit in the LS1 or LS6 intakes(car intakes). It seems that the same manufacture makes all of the injectors, makes them for both Ford and Chevy. I don't know.....this is what I was told. Go figure!!!
None of that is true. Fords use both the older rectangle connector and the newer oval connector on their injector harnesses, depending on model and year. Both manufacturers have used several brands of injectors, again depending on model and years (Accell and Bosch are two big players). Both Ford and Chevy have used several different height injectors, again, depending on model and year...
Old 06-10-2006, 07:54 AM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by SS_bnoon_SS
None of that is true. Fords use both the older rectangle connector and the newer oval connector on their injector harnesses, depending on model and year. Both manufacturers have used several brands of injectors, again depending on model and years (Accell and Bosch are two big players). Both Ford and Chevy have used several different height injectors, again, depending on model and year...
guess what bud, im using svo injectors on my truck, you can also use ls1 injectors on a mustang, same as a svo injector on a lt1. so the dude is right for most part
Old 06-10-2006, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Quik
guess what bud, im using svo injectors on my truck, you can also use ls1 injectors on a mustang, same as a svo injector on a lt1. so the dude is right for most part
Thanks Quik!! I was just trying to clairify what I was told. They said I could use the ford lightening 42# injectors and still use my stock injector plugs that are on the truck now and still fit the LS6 intake. This would be great if it is true. I will let ya'll know sometime this summer if this is true.
Thanks,

James