Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

2016 gmc seirra 5.3 ecotec

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 gmc seirra 5.3 ecotec

Hello everyone, I just got a reg cab 2wd short bed Sierra with a 5.3 ecotec. I'm wanting to make it a 11 sec daily. Was curious on if anyone knew how well these newer direct injection motors handled boost. Was considering a procharger setup. If anyone knows anything building one of these engines please any and all information is appreciated! Fuel system, engine durability, trans durability ect. Looking for any and all information on this topic. thanks in advance
Old 08-22-2017, 02:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

Engines respond very well to boost, seems everyone that supercharge's or turbo's their truck is more than happy with the outcome.

Fuel systems and the rear end (G80) are the weaker links, depending on power goal the fuel system won't handle a ton a power. Someone who's done it can comment better on that but it seems a lot upgrade to LT4 parts to increase the fuel system capacity.

The 6L80e is very strong (assuming you have the 6 speed), a good tune is the best bet for them to perform well with additional power. A stock unit should handle 500-600hp no problem.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FFDP
Engines respond very well to boost, seems everyone that supercharge's or turbo's their truck is more than happy with the outcome.

Fuel systems and the rear end (G80) are the weaker links, depending on power goal the fuel system won't handle a ton a power. Someone who's done it can comment better on that but it seems a lot upgrade to LT4 parts to increase the fuel system capacity.

The 6L80e is very strong (assuming you have the 6 speed), a good tune is the best bet for them to perform well with additional power. A stock unit should handle 500-600hp no problem.

Nice tyvm! I watched a cam and full Bolton truck like mine run a 12.9 @106 made 400hp/tq at the wheels so I'm assuming 5-600 would be plenty to get into the 11s.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 401 Likes on 316 Posts

Look into the magnuson kits.