Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 rcsb with t56 SWAP

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by firebladeJJ
I'm doing the same thing you are. I've got my t56 swapped in already, probably take it to texas drivetrain performanc and have it level 3'd just for the wieght of the truck and extra torque of the engine. I'm building a lq9 .030 over with a btr stage IV truck cam and ls6 springs, mostly stock everything else in the engine. Right now its got headers, efans, a sloppy tune by me, 4.56 wit a tru track in the back. My engine should be right around 10:1 compression, I'm gonna file the piston ring gaps to about .019-.020 for some mild boost down the road. I'm just building a fun driver.
Hello. First time responding. I have a 2000 scsb truck, and thinking about changing out the trans. What I have now is the 4l60e but it's starting to make noises. I was planning a 6.0 swap in the near future. I was wanting to either rebuild the 4l80e or go with a manual. Do you have any idea what the price would be to changing over to stick? I know, buying the 3rd peddle..but price in everything else not including the 5speed itself. Just give me a rough estimate would be helpful. Thanks
Old 05-08-2017, 08:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

I think you're cost could be about the same with the 4l80 and the t56 swap. My swap ran around 3500 bucks, there are some tools I had to buy. I did everything myself, rebuilt the t56 Level 2 style with a shifter relocation kit, re gear the diff with a trutrack. I found a LT1 style t56 for 700 bucks and converted it to a LS1 style. I dont think I'll ever find a deal like that again.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:52 PM
makes children cry

Received 399 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by The_W
i have a lq9 with a ls3 top end. Did the build two years ago about. I am running stock gears in the back and a 4l60e but that will change because i want a t56 in it as well and 4.10 gears. I will probably get the gears and posi done this year. My thread is black lsx if you want to look at the build. It pulls like a beast up top but lost just a shade down low since i am not running the truck intake and also have ls3 heads.
i'd go with 4.56 or 4.88 unless you grab a M12 version from a GTO (lower-geared than the MN6 ratios), in which case, maybe a 4.30, unless you wanna baby that clutch all the time... especially in a truck.