Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

What are you guys doing to hook on the street?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Where our street cars are faster than your racecars..Mississippi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08cheyennesc
Or 32" heavy *** wheels
lol...

my crew cab only spins both tires about 6 feet.. but its also a STOCK converter, STOCK exhaust, STOCK intake, 3.42's, and a 6.0L
Old 12-26-2010, 01:33 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tarinitup
This actually helped out alot. I went from 4.10 to 3.42 and I am able to get on it a little more before it spins.

x 2!! Gearing made a world of difference to me too!
Old 12-26-2010, 02:06 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Moregrip, Go to duramaxdiesels dot com and ask how the 2 wheel guys runng 1100-2000 RWTQ are doing it.

I believe they are using custom ladder bars to help with traction.

Also Guy Tripp SO-Cal Diesel might be able to help as he custom fabs a lot of high quality stuff for the 2500HD's.

I need to do something also with my 1/2 ton, damn thing is like driving on ice in 2 wheel drive, but also lots of fun!
Old 01-31-2011, 11:53 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

so to re-address this.......been batting around the idea of changing the 4.10's out to 3.42's, throwing a traction device of some sort out back, and then fitting the widest tires I can stuff in there before I rub leaf springs......thoughts?
Old 01-31-2011, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moregrip
so to re-address this.......been batting around the idea of changing the 4.10's out to 3.42's, throwing a traction device of some sort out back, and then fitting the widest tires I can stuff in there before I rub leaf springs......thoughts?
Pretty much what I'm going to do. Im running 3.42s now. Keeping them and going to run an Eaton posi, cal tracs, and some wide rear tires. I thought about going 4.10s. Its been suggested by a few on this site. But with pretty much no traction now, I don't see how its going to get better with lower gears. Im only running a cammed 6.0, any punch under 50mph hazes the tires bigger than **** as it sits. I feel your pain too. Ive had a few people on the road begging me to blow their doors off. I don't even bite.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:09 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by zero2sixT
Pretty much what I'm going to do. Im running 3.42s now. Keeping them and going to run an Eaton posi, cal tracs, and some wide rear tires. I thought about going 4.10s. Its been suggested by a few on this site. But with pretty much no traction now, I don't see how its going to get better with lower gears. Im only running a cammed 6.0, any punch under 50mph hazes the tires bigger than **** as it sits. I feel your pain too. Ive had a few people on the road begging me to blow their doors off. I don't even bite.

She ain't gonna be much of a track truck after the swapping gears but she'll be alot better on the highway.......after reviewing your comments, I do have an option to drop down to 3.21's I believe....hmm
Old 01-31-2011, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

She ain't gonna be much of a track truck after the swapping gears but she'll be alot better on the highway.......after reviewing your comments, I do have an option to drop down to 3.21's I believe....hmm
I guess it comes down to how often you take you run at the track. The way I see it; I'd rather enjoy my ride on the street rather than have the fastest 1/4 mi time possible out of it. Besides I have better stuff to do then sit in a line on Friday night, drive fast for say 12 sec's, then get back in line.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:38 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by zero2sixT
I guess it comes down to how often you take you run at the track. The way I see it; I'd rather enjoy my ride on the street rather than have the fastest 1/4 mi time possible out of it. Besides I have better stuff to do then sit in a line on Friday night, drive fast for say 12 sec's, then get back in line.
while its true I rarely go to the track.....it's also true I rarely drive my truck lmao! Maybe I should just get rid of it!

on another note.....looks like the only source of 3.21's are used factory units for my 10.5 14bolt
Old 02-01-2011, 05:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

while its true I rarely go to the track.....it's also true I rarely drive my truck lmao! Maybe I should just get rid of it!

on another note.....looks like the only source of 3.21's are used factory units for my 10.5 14bolt
Ha, mine already sits for most of the week as it is. If you're not in a jam financially, I'd keep it. Im sure you're joking around anyway.

Did you want to run that specific ratio, or just looking for something taller? Roots style blowers put down so much torque, I don't think a 3.08 would hurt performance off the line that bad. In fact, I'd put a small (very small, lol) amount of money that it would be faster off the line. Not sure if they make that ratio for your setup tho. I haven't really researched anything past a 8.6 10 bolt.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:05 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

AWD, it will spin some from a dead stop but other then that it just goes.

Quick Reply: What are you guys doing to hook on the street?