Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

What 4l80e output shaft for bolt in yoke?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What 4l80e output shaft for bolt in yoke?

I have been digging around the internet and on here to find out what 4l80e output shaft i will need to convert my 01' 4wd 4l80e to a 2wd. So far i have found out all that is needed is the orfice at the back of the case, the reluctor for the rear speed sensor, speed sensor, tailhousing, and 2wd output shaft but im having a hard time finding what output shaft as there are several different 2wd output shafts. I am replacing the current th400 with a 4l80e. I got this core for next to nothing and plan on rebuilding it anyway so i dont mind having to completely disassemble it to convert. The th400 thats in my truck now is a truck style output with bolt in yoke and i would really like to just have my driveshaft shortened rather than convert to a slip yoke and get a completely new drveshaft made. Seems that there are three? different bolt in yoke output shafts of various lengths as well as some with a lube hole and some without. I found several on ebay but not sure which to buy. Any advice would be appreciated.