Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Torque converters?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque converters?

Im looking at stalls. I want one to handle the 100-125 shot im spraying. Want about a 3000rpm stall. Would like(dont HAVE to, have a work truck) to be able to tow 600lbs in the bed. Dont want to spend over 400.....

Fuddle 400$
Trailblazer cant find any info
Dacco dont knwo where to look
Yank just to expensive.
Anything else?
Old 03-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fuddle all the way spend a little more right now to save trouble later. The TB stall wont stall as high as you are wanting and Fuddles warranty CANT be beat.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:40 PM
TECH Resident

3000 Fuddle..... "Best Bang For The Buck"
Old 03-09-2006, 01:49 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You cant beat our Truck Thuuster 3000 for the price
http://www.converter.cc/hotspecials/hotspecials.htm
we have sold over 500 units of the tt3000's for use in trucks
it is a top seller and can handle NOS use or Supercharger abuse
Old 03-09-2006, 02:19 PM

NOS=Nitrous Oxide Systems nitrous=n20 sorry its a ricer term and gets on my nerves

Taken directly from Yanks site:
"Yank Converters, Inc. will repair or replace, at their discretion, the defective converter at no charge to the customer. The customer is responsible for any freight or shipping charges incurred by the return of defective parts. Customers must submit copy of installation/repair order within 10 days of the installation in order for the warranty to be valid."

Taken directly from Fuddles site:
"If, at anytime within 24 months of the original delivery date of your converter, the converter fails due to a lack of ability to handle the power demands you have placed on it (determined by Fuddle Racing), Fuddle Racing will repair/replace (at Fuddle Racing's discretion) or upgrade (see upgrade policy) your converter. The customer is responsible to get the original converter back to Fuddle Racing and must pay shipping to receive the converter back."

You blow it cause you have too much power or run it too hard they replace it unless of course you sunk it under water etc. No where on Yanks site did I see this either:

"Within the first year, if you are not satisfied with the way your converter stalls or feels, or you simply want it to perform differently, we will replace or restall the converter to better suit your needs. The customer is responsible to get the original converter back to Fuddle Racing and must pay shipping to receive the converter back."

You want it to stall higher or change ANY aspect of the converter you send it back they do what you want and you just pay shipping.

IMO its an easy choice as to which converter is superior more and more truck guys are getting Fuddle converters. John has taken care of me and I will continue to take care of him and push his product. To my knowledge I am pushing his converter harder than anyone else with my setup. So far(which hasnt been long) everything has been good on the latest converter. Time will tell if his converters last but there are people that have had his converters in for a while with no problems. Go with what you want but all of the above was directly quoted off rescpective manufacturers websites.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Yank builds all of our converters and has the lowest numbers of warrenty at .8% out of the last 5000 units.
We know what will fail and cause a failure in a converter and have a long history of design and testing.
We do not tell people to test our converters in their cars or trucks to see if they fail and take out their expensive parts, we have tested our product before you use it.
I can say that Yank has been around for 20 years with the same owner, not many companys can say that.

You might ask these questions when you spend your money with any company:
Do they design & manufacture the product in house or are they a sales agent or remarket it from another company or company's (who really holds the warrenty and who do you contact if the sales person turns off the phone)
Do they have Product liability insurance to protect you if you are hurt or killed by the product.
Do they pay taxes as a corporation and have business permits or do they work from home as a side line.
Do they list their address on their web site so you can find them
Do they have any investment in a building or equipment
Do they tell you anything or make claims just to make the sale.
At that point buy from the company you feel will be there for you, and offers the product at a price you can afford.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Launching!

wow!!
Old 03-09-2006, 07:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...ighlight=DACCO
Old 03-09-2006, 09:06 PM

The reason I am "anti-Yank" is due to how he was treated after he blew his TT3000 in his L. The converter had been in for 5 months, it took a crap, and Yank wouldnt warranty it due to "excessive abuse" whatever that means. The same thing happened to me with my TCI pos converter. Thus I never recommend a TCI or Yank converter the companies IMO didnt handle the situation correctly. Its a performance part we are going to beat the **** out of it dont sell a product that cant handle the abuse and when it fails side step the warranty. So far I have gotten 2 converters and will be on my third from Fuddle when I go to an 80e. None of which have failed just wanted different stall speed on the first then now since Im going to an 80e I am paying the diff between the 65e converter and the 80e converter and I have a brand new 80e converter. Yank will you do that? WIll you restall someones stall if they dont like the way it is? Qtech, TCI, and Yank are all in the same boat IMO. Ill pay extra for customer service and a company that truely stand behind their product.

Im sure I will recieve a PM about this since this is going against a sponsor but it has been my personal experience. I would do the same if Fuddle had screwed me if he does then it will be on this board.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:51 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

This was not directed to any one company
I guess you did not read,
it Said:
""You might ask these questions when you spend your money with ANY company""

And the company you named is not a sponsor of this site

Some converters of all manufactures have a 90 day warranty and their products are covered during that time frame

Our warranty is the same used it the industry, here is one from another company
http://www.artcarr.com/storm.cfm?funnelaction=1028

Quick Reply: Torque converters?