Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Tech Help needed.. Please Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 01:30 PM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RandomHero
that IS a djm 2" drop shackle. I am possitive on that. The hangers are also 2" djm drop hangers. That isn't the problem. You have 4" worth of drop compontnets on your truck.

Everything looks correct except for MAYBE the 2" drop hangers. Are you absolutely sure they are installed right? They look a little funny to me for some reason.
Thanks for the reply. I am out of my comfort zone on this one and know nothing in this area.

The 2 inch drop Hangers, Are they the front or rear bracket that holds the leaf spring?

Thanks
Dave
Old 05-17-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I have tried to call DJM to see if I could email them some pics and get some better help than the tech guy just guessing. I have been shot down both times. They do not care to look at pics and see if any of this stuff is even the correct factory or after market parts. There answer is buy a bunch of factory stuff and start over. There customer service SUCKS........... I know we have people send us pics all the time when they know nothing about something and we are more than able to look at the pics and get a pretty good idea of what is going on. I am pretty fustrated. So with absolutly no factory tech help I am 100 percent at your guys mercy to get this right.
Thanks
Dave
Well rest easy, because they AREN'T factory parts. I can tell right now they aren't. The stock shackles are about 3-4" shorter than that. I know my way around stock and static suspensions. The only thing I'm questioning is the installation of the 2" drop hangers because they look kinda ****-eyed. If you really can't stand it, throw the flip kit back on. It takes about 2 hours from start to finish to install the kit. Even less if you have friends and air tools. I did mine myself and cut and drilled the c-notches and it took me 3.5 hours.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:33 PM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

Originally Posted by pewter01z
the rear shackle is NOT a stock one. Do you have the leaf spring bolt in the top hole? I can't remember if those have 2 or 3 holes in them. You may have to remove one leaf from the spring pack. I think I removed the next to the last one on mine.
On the rear bracket I believe there are two holes and the bolt is in the top one. Ill have to look to be positive.
Dave
Old 05-17-2007, 01:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks for the reply. I am out of my comfort zone on this one and know nothing in this area.

The 2 inch drop Hangers, Are they the front or rear bracket that holds the leaf spring?

Thanks
Dave
The front ones are hangers, the back ones are shackles. Your leaf springs look fine, if anything there is a SMALL(and I mean very small) chance they are off a bigger truck. They don't sag hardly at all for a 10 year old truck.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

I got drop hangers on my 4X4 Z71 just exactly like the ones you have in the last picture, and mine are NOT DJM, mine are Bell Tech. But mine are a simple 2in drop hanger, that's why I said it looks like the OEM hanger.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:38 PM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

This truck only has 58 thousand miles on it. It was originaly a conversion truck with a stepside bed on it.(not sure if that matter but I thought I would tell you.

On the hangers. The guy that installed them said they would only bolt on one way. See how the one in the picture has a location for a cable. Does the other side have the same?
Dave
Old 05-17-2007, 01:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Torque_Wrench
I got drop hangers on my 4X4 Z71 just exactly like the ones you have in the last picture, and mine are NOT DJM, mine are Bell Tech. But mine are a simple 2in drop hanger, that's why I said it looks like the OEM hanger.
belltech doesn't powder coat them that color like djm does.

I've owned about 5 sets of drop shackles, 2 sets of drop springs, 2 sets of hangers(belltech and djm), and currently I run 2" control arms/2" springs/6" djm flip kit and a shackle set at 1"
Old 05-17-2007, 01:46 PM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

Ok, So to get the rear end down to sitting level with the front what do you suggest.
Thanks
Dave
Old 05-17-2007, 01:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Ok, So to get the rear end down to sitting level with the front what do you suggest.
Thanks
Dave
if it sits that high with stock leafs, then put the flip kit back on. You can sell the shackles/hangers and worst case cenario buy a set of $50 lift shackles and run a 2/5 drop. With as bad of a rake as you have though a 2/6 should sit pretty close to level.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have tried to call DJM to see if I could email them some pics and get some better help than the tech guy just guessing. I have been shot down both times. They do not care to look at pics and see if any of this stuff is even the correct factory or after market parts. There answer is buy a bunch of factory stuff and start over. There customer service SUCKS........... I know we have people send us pics all the time when they know nothing about something and we are more than able to look at the pics and get a pretty good idea of what is going on. I am pretty fustrated. So with absolutly no factory tech help I am 100 percent at your guys mercy to get this right.
Thanks
Dave

I DONT LIKE DJM FOR JUST THAT REASON CUSTOMER SERVICE

Quick Reply: Tech Help needed.. Please Help!!!