Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Po757 Dtc

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Po757 Dtc

I just got a PO757 code and did some research, found that this DTC is eliminated through a custom tune. My concern is if you eliminate this, is there still a problem with the solenoid in the 3-4??? I have read that the PCM is throwing this code due to the stall converter being a 3000rpm or higher. Now, how do you know if there really is a problem or just the verter causing the problem being to high of a stall??? Do I make some sort a sense??? I just didn't want to ignore this DTC if there was a real problem. The truck drives fine and the verter locks up in third and fourth gears like normal, I just want to make sure I don't have a problem. Also, some of you guys are replacing the 1-2 and 3-4 solenoids and still having this DTC codes thrown.

Thanks for ya'lls input!!

James
Old 11-25-2006, 07:01 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tc that you are runnig is a really high stall for your truck. How long has the tc been in there and also how long have you been getting this code? Has been recent to the install of the tc? In alot of cases removing the code first and then removing test is the fix. As we have seen that the big stall tc's cause this problem because the computer is looking for certain parameters. With the change in the stall speed the computer is not seeing the proper rpm's for these parameters. Good luck to you,Vince
Old 11-25-2006, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
The tc that you are runnig is a really high stall for your truck. How long has the tc been in there and also how long have you been getting this code? Has been recent to the install of the tc? In alot of cases removing the code first and then removing test is the fix. As we have seen that the big stall tc's cause this problem because the computer is looking for certain parameters. With the change in the stall speed the computer is not seeing the proper rpm's for these parameters. Good luck to you,Vince
I need to update my sig. The current verter is a 3200. I sent the 3800 back because it was to much for the street. I first got the code when the 3800 was in there, cleared it and it came back. It's been 4 months later. I got the code two days ago.

James