Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Pics of 2'' Drop/Belltech shackles

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 10:00 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
Take the block off the back and you'll still be raked a little.

I'd take the stickers off and get some of the small red/black and chrome pillar emblems off a Z71 Tahoe or Suburban and put them in place of your LS or LT badge on the cab
Cool man, thanks for the advice on the blocks, def gonna take em out and see how it looks.

Also cool suggestion on the emblems, I might look into that , Maybe i will steal them off my wifes tahoe LOL !
Im not one who likes moldings and such, but i think this ext. cab might need something to break up all the black.maybe not?

Originally Posted by cdub81
Looks good, I'd say get some purple keys (2500) and remove the blocks from the rear. Either way it looks great!
Thanks bud, i think it was your thread a while back that got me thinking of lowering.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey man - trucks looks awesome!

I run the nnbs silverado chrome emblems on my truck.They might help you break-up the black instead of going with moldings.They would look good with your new wheels.

Would you ever remove the fender flares?
Old 05-31-2011, 04:53 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Thanks Russ!

Im gonna keep the flares, i like them.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:57 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TIM Z
Yeah def gonna get her aligned, need new tires anyway, back ones are bald imagine that? LOL.

I was thinking of losing the stickers, only reason i didnt was i like the red/silver and it breaks up the black a lil. Prob gonna get rid of em.

The truck really rides good now , i think it would ride the same or better with lowering keys due to able to have some tension on the bars with lowering keys vs. stock keys and bolts backed all the way out. Understand??? Anyone with lowering keys please chime in.

Ive been around the block with keys that lift trucks, never had experience going the other way.

Pics dont do it justice, im very happy with it in person.
Looks really good Tim, I like it!

If you pull the rear blocks you'll still have some rake but it obviously won't be as severe as it is now. I say remove the decals, I left mine on for a long time before I took them off, and I was much happier afterwards.

Now I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe that installing new lowering keys is basically the same thing as cranking the factory keys as much as possible, only with more room to play, and the more that you decrank, the worse the ride gets, this I know from experience. The new keys just change the position of the adjuster, but the torsion bars still get unsprung. I have mine cranked as low as I can and still be able to get the front alignment specs acceptable.

*EDIT* Make sure that you don't trim the front bump stops too much or the front end will ride like a mushy boat...ask me how I know You want them just touching the LCA's with the truck at rest on level ground.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:52 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Thanks Billy! Appreciate the comp. and advice.

I removed the stickers, looks better! ( pics when i wash this damn dirty black!)

Im gonna give removing the blocks a try.

I just didnt want to lose rake, i like a lil bit of rake, not level , for this truck anyway. Just want it to sit like an old school pro touring muscle car if ya know what im sayin!