Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

installed new drop spindles and...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installed new drop spindles and...

i need to explain my situation before i ask my question. when i first got my truck i put a 2/4 drop on it. i lowered the front with coil springs instead of spindles. after almost three years i got sick of the way it rode so i took the coil springs off and put the stock coil springs back on and put on some new DJM 2 inch drop spindles. i now have two problems. the coil springs did not set into place like they were suppose to and now my truck sits an inch higher in the front than in the back when before it was almost an inch lower in the front than in the back. i think the ride has to do with the coils not sitting in the right place.

what is the best way to get the springs to pop into place without tearing the whole front end apart again?

thanks
Old 04-07-2009, 10:50 PM
TECH Resident

jack up the front end and get in there with a coil spring compressor and reposition the spring, id say maybe a bfh but i kinda dont even think that would work.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Launching!

yeah i think im going to try that tomorrow because thats how we got them on the first time. i've tried jumping my truck and that didn't work so ill give the other a shot thanks!!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:48 AM
TECH Regular

I think you will spend the same amount or more time trying to figure out how to rotate the spring in the control arm. Just remove the lower ball joint bolt to separate the control arm from the spindle and rotate the spring. At least this time you wont have to take apart your brakes and calipers and all that mess.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Launching!

thanks thats what i had to do when i had to get the spring compressor out because it got pinched. as of right now one side popped into place and is sitting level but the other side hasn't set so my plan is to beat the ever living S*** out of it to knock it into place. thanks for your help, any bit of info is helpful