Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Install Servo .. No 2nd gear

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 767 Likes on 634 Posts

If you use a pick you can carefully get up under the seal. You can then pull the seal out one side stretching it far enough for it to release and not tear as you pass the O-ring grove.

Hope your repair is a simple one.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:21 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put the spring on the pin and line it up youll feel it when it goes on and make sure the snap ring is seted properly idk about the seal though i coated mine with trans fluid for an easier install
Old 06-09-2012, 05:22 PM
TECH Regular

Was thinkin same thing pull the oring through that slot and stretch it so it will slide out .. Def will give a shot in mornin .. Thanks guys
Old 06-10-2012, 07:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BIGDADDY1969
Got to get to work ... Im straight night shift... Gunna take it back out in the morning...was wondering if i will ruin the oring gasket when i pull it bak out.. Oh well will fiind out tomorrow...
Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
If you use a pick you can carefully get up under the seal. You can then pull the seal out one side stretching it far enough for it to release and not tear as you pass the O-ring grove.

This!^^^^^^
Old 06-10-2012, 11:55 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Vince B
This!^^^^^^
Quote:
Got to get to work ... Im straight night shift... Gunna take it back out in the morning...was wondering if i will ruin the oring gasket when i pull it bak out.. Oh well will fiind out tomorrow...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastBrick

This!^^^^^^

soon as it stops raining i will get to it!!!! Cant wait for my new house to be done next month so i can work in a better covered carport and shed
here at the old house the cover isnt so big to stay dry on ur back while raining
Old 06-10-2012, 07:20 PM
TECH Regular

Cool

Got it straight...pulled servo back out and yes i popped the oring on it stretching it out to remove it in the lil slot ..but anyways i found i broke the seal with the cut in it and didnt know it i guess when it was pushed all the way in before.. the spring was fine as well as it is now after reinstalled..but i had to go look for an oring but no one carries them that big...oreillys autozone blah blah blah they all say go to NAPA ummmm yea ok NAPA not open on Sunday so i sit down n think about when i get home and hey im thinking .. theres the old servo with the reddish looking oring soooo i take it out and put it on corvette servo in place of the blue one seems fine.. ive run over 50 miles on it and works fine and no leaks... i dont see any differnce in the red oring or the blue one ... i rubbed them both with a rag and the red or blue dye or paint coating whatever it is just rubs offf.. not sure what is its purpose but im back rolling.. i'll see soon enuff i guess if that oring fails for some reason but its fine as of now...
Servo shifts much better than that stock one did..
Old 06-11-2012, 08:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Believe it or not the red and blue servo orings are a different size. I would get the right one in there when you can get your hands on one.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:25 PM
TECH Regular

They were or seemed like they were exact diameter .. Is one thicker than other ? Or is the actual diameter that minute of a diff i didnt notice??
Old 06-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Staging Lane

Same thing happened to me when we installed mine
Old 06-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 767 Likes on 634 Posts

They were or seemed like they were exact diameter .. Is one thicker than other ? Or is the actual diameter that minute of a diff i didnt notice??
I don't recall, I believe its the Diameter.

As Vince mentioned they are different which is why they are colored.

Put the correct one in when you get a chance.

Quick Reply: Install Servo .. No 2nd gear