PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GM Drivetrain & Suspension (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-drivetrain-suspension-22/)
-   -   Install Servo .. No 2nd gear (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-drivetrain-suspension-22/install-servo-no-2nd-gear-503059/)

BIGDADDY1969 06-09-2012 02:15 PM

Install Servo .. No 2nd gear

I just installed corvette servo ... Follow the sticky on here to the tee and :bang:
It winds in first like im hammered down but im just cruisin it wont shift for 20 seconds or so holding first then goes into third...it shifts into second briefly but doesnt stay there .. Get on ie and it wont stay in second .. It sounds like itslips right out into third ...From a dead stop Wot it winds out first and goes straight to third ..
:bang::bang: Is it the seals with the gap????? I was extra careful and extra sure they were tight but who knows?? Anyone any idea ?? :shrug:

BIGDADDY1969 06-09-2012 02:19 PM

Also can you get the servo back out without ruining the blue oring???

texasglock23 06-09-2012 02:29 PM

obviously something isn't right, I dont recall the blue or ring, but I am sure someone will chime in. Take it back out, review everything and insure you but it back together correctly. We didn't have an issue with mine whatsoever.

BIGDADDY1969 06-09-2012 02:42 PM

The blue ring that you pull out and cut to remove .. The first oring seal on the servo is blue

BIGDADDY1969 06-09-2012 02:43 PM

Got to get to work ... Im straight night shift... Gunna take it back out in the morning...was wondering if i will ruin the oring gasket when i pull it bak out.. Oh well will fiind out tomorrow...:bang::bang:

texasglock23 06-09-2012 03:04 PM

go ahead and get an oring from the parts department, I dont think that one can be reused, but I really dont recall.

jvoisel 06-09-2012 03:18 PM

If the blue oring is new you should be able to get it out without breaking it.

BIGDADDY1969 06-09-2012 04:02 PM

Thanks guys im give it a shot in the morning when i get up .. Im at work til midnight(central time) .. I cut the old one and pulled it out like the sticky says so removal was easy .. wondering how hard it is to get the new one out without cuttin it as well :confused: .. oh well i guess the wait will bother me more than when i actually do it and get another one when it rips lol :jest: ... Oh well will see tomorrow :buttkick::buttkick:

Whitecrewcab 06-09-2012 04:50 PM

When we did mine, the spring fell and we didn't get the pin back through the middle of it. It was hard as hell to get the snap ring back in the cover and it did the same thing as yours.

BIGDADDY1969 06-09-2012 05:05 PM

Hmm maybe that damm spring dropped i bet ... :hmmm::hmmm: i had to line it up twice cause it dropped .. Maybe it if urs acting same .. Thats why i love this site somebody somewhere has done it once lol :dewey:

And for snap ring yeah i had to get my nephew (way smaller than me lol) to get under with me n hold pry bar while i snapoed it in lol .. Mind you im 6'7" n go 340 lbs SOOOOOO its a tight squeeze when ur floor jacking it n we both in same spot lol .. But my headers fall right in perfect spot for pressing the servo in wit a pry bar lol