Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

I figured it was time for me to post my trans install

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 11:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn! you made it look easy! I just did this by myself in somewhat rainy weather. I wish I watche dyour vid first. I like the ratchet straps and pulling the fender wells. would've made my life easier hahhaha.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tim.....if your looking for more sound the 18" case borla is probably too quite. A shorter case would definatly up the db level.

Originally Posted by devink
damn! you made it look easy! I just did this by myself in somewhat rainy weather. I wish I watche dyour vid first. I like the ratchet straps and pulling the fender wells. would've made my life easier hahhaha.
I couldn't imagine doing this in rainy weather. That would have sucked bad!

It wasn't easy by no means. to be honest I hadn't wrenched on anything this involved in a long time. It took a while to get the trans out because we were getting re-aquainted with working on our backs and breaking exhaust bolts free. Putting the trans back in was the easy part. We knew at that point where every bolt went. The only issue was we were so excited to be on the home strech that we started putting things back on in the wrong order. I had to remove the start at least 4 times. I can change a starter with my eyes closed now.

Next thing on my list is to rebuild my current rear end or put a 14 bolt in. I need to read up on it a little more and see if its worth it or if it wouldn't be any different to keep rockin the stocker.