Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

got my level 7!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 10:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is a level 7? I've never heard of it before.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:27 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=442673 post 26
Old 07-25-2009, 10:01 PM
12 Second Truck Club

so i drove mine today. all i can really say is, WOW!!!!! this is just preliminary results. i still need some track time. i drove it about 100+ miles today. the thing shifts so fast and smooth its like one constant speed just different sounds of the engine. and at wot it just SHIFTS not hard not snappy just click "wow was that a shift" (best way i can describe it) no pause and wham like the old one did. the downshifts.....well, i didn't even know it downshifted. if it even did. i was doing about 65mph and smashed it, and it felt like the tcc unlocked and it just pulled and pulled and pulled. all in all so far i'm loving it. getting on it in 95* with 99% humidity the trans would idle about 160 and cruise at about 145-155 when i got on it from 65 to 110 it may have went up 1* from cruise temp. the tonight at cruise it was at 118* that's going through the radiator cooler and the big *** tru cool.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by daryn c
i hope this one does good for ya. all my buddies around here go through level 4's and 5's like stockers.
They're bustin level 4's & 5's, from FLT, like stock? Are they in trucks or what? Cmon now. While anything is possible. They either have to be puttin down a bunch of power in a truck or plenty more in a car. More details like power levels & platform.

4.8T, Glad it's workin out for ya. I wonder if you were the 1st to buy a Level 7 on PT?

Last edited by fastnblu; 07-26-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu
They're bustin level 4's & 5's, from FLT, like stock? Are they in trucks or what? Cmon now. While anything is possible. They either have to be puttin down a bunch of power in a truck or plenty more in a car. More details like power levels & platform.

4.8T, Glad it's workin out for ya. I wonder if you were the 1st to buy a Level 7 on PT?
here is one of the local example's daryn is talking about. keep in mind there are many trouble free one's also. this truck broke an output shaft in stock form.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=442978
Old 07-26-2009, 11:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ya, I remember reading that thread & every post in it. I'm not gonna guess/ speculate, & I'm not saying if that's your friend, that what he said did or didn't happen.
If I have them build me a trans to a Level 4 or 5, & it breaks, w/. my mods I have planned, the only other option is a Level 7. Beyond the strongest 4L60E they make (L7), the 4L80E is all that's left. I would hope that after following what they recommend for me, & I have no issues. In my older truck, like many of us, I took out 2 built 60E's. It could've been the ultra firm shifts the 1 time, but other factors may've played a part.
Bottom line: No matter who builds a tranny for me, in the event it breaks, & I'm truthful, then I expect fairness in return. I don't like to play games.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Ya, I remember reading that thread & every post in it. I'm not gonna guess/ speculate, & I'm not saying if that's your friend, that what he said did or didn't happen.
If I have them build me a trans to a Level 4 or 5, & it breaks, w/. my mods I have planned, the only other option is a Level 7. Beyond the strongest 4L60E they make (L7), the 4L80E is all that's left. I would hope that after following what they recommend for me, & I have no issues. In my older truck, like many of us, I took out 2 built 60E's. It could've been the ultra firm shifts the 1 time, but other factors may've played a part.
Bottom line: No matter who builds a tranny for me, in the event it breaks, & I'm truthful, then I expect fairness in return. I don't like to play games.
i was just posting what daryn was talking about. i have never met casey. i personally believe that the only thing that can break a tranny is your right foot. any tranny is capable breaking. i hope the flt level 7 holds up well. god knows we need a 4l60e that will hold up. i dont want to do an 80e swap. i also agree with your last statement. i don't know the whole story between casey and flt. there are 3 side to every story so who knows.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:56 PM
12 Second Truck Club

the output shafts in the lvl 4 and 5's are stock. i didn't read the thread but maybe it was just a bad shaft. i went with the lvl 7 for just this reason, to get rid of the stock shafts.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:07 PM
Made in South Korea

Video? I have had a fair share of 4l60 and never had one shift fast and smooth. I have to see this!
Old 07-26-2009, 01:14 PM
12 Second Truck Club

i can do video. where do i need to put camera? what would be a good location?

Quick Reply: got my level 7!!