Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Dropping Off Truck at Dealership Again

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 01:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Dropping Off Truck at Dealership Again

Well guys........this will be the final time my truck get brought to the dealership for them to try and fix my rear drum brake problems!
I drop it off on Wednesday (3-1-06) morning.
- Being this will be the 7th attempt to fix it , a GM Rep will be there to do his evaluation on what actually needs to be done to it to fix it for good.
- They will be also be fixing my horn for the 2nd time. It works sometimes and then sometimes it does nothing. They will be replacing the horn switch this time.
- I just found out today that my tranny is leaking fluid!
This will actually be the 2nd tranny problem. The first time it made a weird noise when shifting from 2-3 at normal driving. It had less than 1000mi on it when this problem occured. They opened it up and did a few things and seemed to fix it.
Truck only has 22,000mi on it. It has a history wrap sheet probably 2 in. thick!
This is just getting rediculous!
I'm fed up now.
Won't be going to the March 19th event.
Well.............wish me luck.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:01 AM
TECH Addict

damn man sorry to hear your having alot of trouble... don't feel to bad i busted the case on my trans last week
Old 02-28-2006, 02:02 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

lemon!!! tell them you want a gmc vortec max since you dont like the way the new vho looks. im sure they can arrange that. hopefully they will figure it out though.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
lemon!!! tell them you want a gmc vortec max since you dont like the way the new vho looks. im sure they can arrange that. hopefully they will figure it out though.
GM told me they would not be involved if I file for the lemon law. They said other things happen when I take that route.
What I got out of the GM customer relation guy was......they may just buy back the truck or replace it if they cannot fix it, but I'm not 100% sure.

Jim
Old 02-28-2006, 02:10 AM
TECH Addict

well if they get you a new ride what you going to do with your old parts?
Old 02-28-2006, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

man thats rough jim. would be nice to get a new truck though!
Old 02-28-2006, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dave68RT
man thats rough jim. would be nice to get a new truck though!
it would be but he dosent like the look of the new bodystyle vho. thats why i recomended the gmc vortech max. he also dosent want to go through the hastle of changing all of the mods over. i dont get the big deal...the only thing that would be a pain is the alarm system. hopefully they will get it right.

make sure you give the rental hell jim!
Old 02-28-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
it would be but he dosent like the look of the new bodystyle vho. thats why i recomended the gmc vortech max. he also dosent want to go through the hastle of changing all of the mods over. i dont get the big deal...the only thing that would be a pain is the alarm system. hopefully they will get it right.

make sure you give the rental hell jim!
The big deal swaps would be the exhaust and the alarm. I don't have the factory exhaust to swap back onto my truck. I doubt that GM will let me have the time to pull my exhaust and the new trucks exhaust at the same time. Then again, I have no idea. I guess I will just have to wait and see what's going to happen.
Ohhh....the rental truck will be another slow-*** 4-door 5.3L Silverado with hwy gears. The last one sure was. I thought the 5.3's were peppier than that.
I will still try and give it hell though. My last rental had a screw in the front tire and shook like hell at hwy speeds.

Jim
Old 02-28-2006, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
The big deal swaps would be the exhaust and the alarm. I don't have the factory exhaust to swap back onto my truck. I doubt that GM will let me have the time to pull my exhaust and the new trucks exhaust at the same time. Then again, I have no idea. I guess I will just have to wait and see what's going to happen.
Ohhh....the rental truck will be another slow-*** 4-door 5.3L Silverado with hwy gears. The last one sure was. I thought the 5.3's were peppier than that.
I will still try and give it hell though. My last rental had a screw in the front tire and shook like hell at hwy speeds.

Jim
lets go muddin any parts i could use off of the rental get one with a lq9 and well do a swap over the weekend they'll never know

Last edited by TXsilverado; 02-28-2006 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Sexy Party Mod

LENOM!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Dropping Off Truck at Dealership Again