Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

could a well known tranny co. be selling junk??

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

out of all of this , i have one question

is the vette servo for sale?

i kid i kid
Old 03-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nlawson6.0 has been sent a PM to respond to this thread. He was on as late as 738 tonight, Im betting hes seen this thread. If he logs in and doesnt respond to this thread he can take a permanent vacation
Old 03-22-2010, 06:26 AM
Launching!

look iv have seen nothing of this thread untill u sent the pm about it..

i swear on everthing that the tranny that left my house was flt level 4 that had very low miles on it and was drove to the shop where me and a good friend pulled it out. the damn thing still chearped the tires when shifting into second. daily drove the truck for maybe 2 mounts with a cam and converter..

i have no idea how u want to prove this to the site but im more that willing to do anything to prove to the guys here that im not ******* anybody.

-Nate
Old 03-22-2010, 07:47 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nate thanks for the reply. I would like to believe you are innocent in this **** storm!

Honestly I would hate to think that anyone of the members of this site would screw one another. Sponsors included! As I said in an earlier post I guaranty that it wasn't FLT.

I would have really like to have been with Bulldogss to see what was presented to him by the local builder. At which point I would have presented my business card and called his *** out! Knowing our products inside and out, it would have been easy to see that something was not right. I honestly believe that your local guy is trying to run up your bill.

Bulldogss as for the 3-4 clutch failure, when the trans was installed did you have any issues with a 3rd gear starts or any codes? I wonder if it is possible that the clutch pack was damaged after the install for some reason.

Not saying that it might not have been worn when you received it. But with Nate saying it worked great when he pulled it, I can not see where right out of the box it had an issue or didn't work.

What issues did you have with the previous transmission? Or when you fired this up for the first time, did you recently do a bunch of mods that a tune needed to be done? It is possible that maybe this was the issue with the failure you had.

Once again sorry to read all of this and I really wish this trans had come straight here after you had an issue with it. I will check back in later when I have some time. Vince

Last edited by FLT; 03-22-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bulldogSS
alright its seeming that people are thinking im taking a shot at FLT, which couldnt be farther from the truth. i guess i just should have come out and asked if anyone has ever opened up a FLT tranny and what were their findings. guess i was beating around the bush not trying to mention names and it blew up im my face. i did a lot of research on FLT and a few other trans co. before i decided to buy this tranny. my findings were that FLT was a premire trans co. and i felt confident buying one of their units used. by posting this thread i was hoping to get a few replies from FLT owners who would verify that the parts listed were actually in the trannys. of course my first instinct is that the seller plain and simple ripped me off. for all i know the seller took a busted tranny and put FLT markings on it.
You started this thread to bash FLT, don't try to beat around the bush. LOOK AT THE TITLE!!!!

Now if you said, "Problems with FLT trans". Then that would be a different story.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
Nate thanks for the reply. I would like to believe you are innocent in this **** storm!

Honestly I would hate to think that anyone of the members of this site would screw one another. Sponsors included! As I said in an earlier post I guaranty that it wasn't FLT.

I would have really like to have been with Bulldogss to see what was presented to him by the local builder. At which point I would have presented my business card and called his *** out! Knowing our products inside and out, it would have been easy to see that something was not right. I honestly believe that your local guy is trying to run up your bill.

Bulldogss as for the 3-4 clutch failure, when the trans was installed did you have any issues with a 3rd gear starts or any codes? I wonder if it is possible that the clutch pack was damaged after the install for some reason.

Not saying that it might not have been worn when you received it. But with Nate saying it worked great when he pulled it, I can not see where right out of the box it had an issue or didn't work.

What issues did you have with the previous transmission? Or when you fired this up for the first time, did you recently do a bunch of mods that a tune needed to be done? It is possible that maybe this was the issue with the failure you had.

Once again sorry to read all of this and I really wish this trans had come straight here after you had an issue with it. I will check back in later when I have some time. Vince
i even asked him if he wanted me to ship it to u guys and have u check it out, if he would just pick up the shipping cost from u guys to his house.

and he said if i was willing to do that theirs no need to do it then.

thats how confident i was about the tranny being right.

-Nate
Old 03-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Launching!

i sent that message to Mark(bulldog) on Nov. 2nd 2009 if a mod would like to go into my sent items and check that for conformation for everybody please do...

-Nate
Old 03-22-2010, 11:43 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for posting up Nate!!
Old 03-22-2010, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

everything Nate said is 100% TRUE. he offered to have the unit sent to FLT to have it checked out before it came to me, which i should have done in hind sight. with his willingness to do so i thought for sure this guy is on the up and up. as far a my tranny guy being a crook and showing me parts out of another tranny that is total BS. this guy charged me $150 plus parts which i went and picked up and paid for. So for anyone to say they are going to call this guy out is outrageous. every local hotrodder would love to get their tranny in this guys hands. just because hes local and you guys dont know him does NOT make him a crook. the day i put the tranny in it didnt operate properly and there were no other mods done at that time. ive said time and time again that im not trying to bash FLT so Built408 you can keep your 2 cents, nobody asked for em'. plain and simple i was ripped off. there is no way that the tranny that i received was working properly when it was pulled.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Any chance you didn't put enough fluid in it when installed and burned it up right away?

And we'd still like pics of the tranny parts, case, flt markings, etc.

Quick Reply: could a well known tranny co. be selling junk??