Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Clunks, Bangs, Clicks and Rattling!? 60E

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 02:53 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clunks, Bangs, Clicks and Rattling!? 60E

ok well i posted this a while ago and ive had it in to the stealership a few times since. 130,000km now and its been doing this for a while ive been living with it but its really gets on my nerves. I know the clunk/bang is a common occurance when shifting into drive/reverse with the gm's, but I also get this clunk sometimes on 1-2 shifts. The clunk i can live with, its the Clicks and rattling that drive me crazy! 60km/h-70km/h crusing on the highway or at a steady speed. I think its trying to shift from 3-4, it rattles (quite loud) between gear shifts like it hangs up and cant make the shift, sounds like gears trying to mesh and catching slightly, if I give it more gas it shifts or if i accelerate through the shift its not a problem, it will make this noise for a couple seconds before it shifts if i hold the throttle position. Also somewhere in my drivetrain there is a clicking noise, that can be heard outside the vehicle while driving or when i have the windows down, especially when driving next to parked vehicles where the sound can bounce back, stealership was unable to find anything wrong, replaced all the ujoints, just replaced both front hubs cuz my wheel bearings were shot and the noise is still there

Any ideas?

thanks