Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

build or buy 4l60e

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for all the advice, i think i will put in a shift kit and servos and see how long this one lasts(3k is alot of money for something that hasnt broke YET, knock on wood). now if i can just decide to break down and pull out the credit card.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by optikalilution
thanks for all the advice, i think i will put in a shift kit and servos and see how long this one lasts(3k is alot of money for something that hasnt broke YET, knock on wood). now if i can just decide to break down and pull out the credit card.
If you can find a good builder I have a list of parts around $700 that will last you a long time.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Launching!

man that would be great, if you could just pm it to me.....is this for 60e or 80e? either way we have a lot of good junk yards around here with wrecked trucks
Old 06-09-2007, 07:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by optikalilution
man that would be great, if you could just pm it to me.....is this for 60e or 80e? either way we have a lot of good junk yards around here with wrecked trucks
It's for a 60e. I'm not posting sponsor links or anything so here's a few of the things:

Transgo HD Shift kit-$85
Hardened Pump Rings-$13.50
Transgo separator plate-$16
Beast sunshell-$50
Low Reverse sprag B/W-$19
Transgo 3-4 High rev spring kit-$28
Big Tranny Cooler-between $50-$150
Aluminum Accumulator Piston-$11
Servo Release check valve-$15
HD 29 ELEMENT SPRAG NEW(get the double cage not single cage)-$40
Input Drum Reinforce Kit-$70

Some other stuff if you decide to spend more money
Sonnax 300mm stator shaft-$50
Transgo Vac Mod kit-$110
Reverse input drum-$50
Hardened output shaft-$130

All that is probably about $700 worth of stuff to get you started.

You might want to think about getting a quality rebuild kit. There is an Alto full rebuild kit with all seals,gaskets, Kolene steels, and 3/4 powerpack and friction kit. I can PM you the link for that but it's on sale at a non sponsor place for $200

So basically there is a damn good start. There's no reason why you can't hold 400 rwhp with all that stuff. Hell you could probably go to 500 rwhp.

JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD BUILDER. Do some research and ask him some questions to see if he knows what he's doing.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The 3-4 high rev spring kit comes in the hd-2 shift kit
Old 06-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Launching!

great info, i only have 15000 miles so im not concerned with a rebuild kit....that is MUCH better than 2600 for a lvl5 and there looks to be alot more into it
Old 06-09-2007, 09:38 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by RandomHero
It's for a 60e. I'm not posting sponsor links or anything so here's a few of the things:

Transgo HD Shift kit-$85
Hardened Pump Rings-$13.50
Transgo separator plate-$16
Beast sunshell-$50
Low Reverse sprag B/W-$19
Transgo 3-4 High rev spring kit-$28
Big Tranny Cooler-between $50-$150
Aluminum Accumulator Piston-$11
Servo Release check valve-$15
HD 29 ELEMENT SPRAG NEW(get the double cage not single cage)-$40
Input Drum Reinforce Kit-$70

Some other stuff if you decide to spend more money
Sonnax 300mm stator shaft-$50
Transgo Vac Mod kit-$110
Reverse input drum-$50
Hardened output shaft-$130

All that is probably about $700 worth of stuff to get you started.

You might want to think about getting a quality rebuild kit. There is an Alto full rebuild kit with all seals,gaskets, Kolene steels, and 3/4 powerpack and friction kit. I can PM you the link for that but it's on sale at a non sponsor place for $200

So basically there is a damn good start. There's no reason why you can't hold 400 rwhp with all that stuff. Hell you could probably go to 500 rwhp.

JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD BUILDER. Do some research and ask him some questions to see if he knows what he's doing.
Don't forget all the internal electronics, band, Shift kit, performance pump and a bushing kit.
Originally Posted by RandomHero
Not to be a dick, but you'd probably have another $3000 in your pocket if you would have listed EVERYTHING in y'all's tranny's. I just spent $600 in parts duplicating y'alls level 4 transmission, but y'all left out about $4-500 in parts that I also bought. I'm gonna have about $1100 into my transmission with just parts, but if you guys listed THE EXACT build list I might have bought one from you.

I'm sure you guys do this to prevent competitors from copying you, but for people like me who actually want to get the best bang for their buck, they'll be swayed away from your transmissions.

I'd compare it to buying a car. The salesman may tell you the 2008 camaro is fully loaded with every option, but what's under the hood is "top secret" in order to keep competitors from knowing what it has.

Just a thought for you guys at FLT. It's not a bash, just a tip from a consumer.
Random you made a comment in another thread about how much we put in our units. I guess your calculations were a little off then. And yes you are right about us not giving away all of what goes into our units. If that cost us a sale with you, well these things happen. But I hope your build goes well. Make sure when buying parts that they offer you tech service. As I said good luck.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
Don't forget all the internal electronics, band, Shift kit, performance pump and a bushing kit.

Random you made a comment in another thread about how much we put in our units. I guess your calculations were a little off then. And yes you are right about us not giving away all of what goes into our units. If that cost us a sale with you, well these things happen. But I hope your build goes well. Make sure when buying parts that they offer you tech service. As I said good luck.
Fair enough man. I just wish you would have included the entire build list, I think you would gain more sales when people realize that there's probably hundreds of dollars more in parts that aren't listed on the site.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:10 AM
formerly 1BADC10 (12/14/2011)

Can't give away ALL the secrets. Not good from a BUSINESS standpoint, and livelihood of the folks that depend on the business. The proof's in the pudding. Good product that's been proven by folks here on PT. Consumer satisfaction is what increases business.

I understand what you're saying, but from a business stand-point, trade secrets are what separate excellence from great or average.

Back on topic... had I known then what I know now... and had a bit more patience at waiting, the L4 would be my choice. I won't be juicing the 5.3L. Next swap, I'm going back old-skool!