Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Anyone Do a Helwig Rear Bar w/ a Corsa

Old 03-13-2018, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Anyone Do a Helwig Rear Bar w/ a Corsa (answered)

Anyone Do a Helwig 7800 Rear sway Bar with a Corsa Catback single side exit?

Last edited by therock; 04-08-2018 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:40 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure of the Helwig part number I have but My Corsa single cat back with side exit system fits fine with it. It’s close to the exhaust, but did clear without any mods and has never hit the bar. 01 Silverado 1500 Z71 ECSB.
The following users liked this post:
therock (03-17-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 11:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a corsa single on my 03 with helwigs with no issues.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks I contacted support about the front bar gains and they claim 30% improvement.
Regardless I'm going in on a front and rear set soon.
I'll post back here
Old 03-20-2018, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

I absolutely love my helwigs! I’ve had them for years. My 02 DD Z71 Suburban is sooo much more stable at highway speeds and with cross winds. You will love them.
The following users liked this post:
therock (03-20-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Which set of firmness holes on the rear bar did you guys go or end up with?
Old 03-23-2018, 09:02 AM
Staging Lane

On my suburban, I use the firmest setting, but it’s a little more top heavy! On my old RCSB I think I was one hole softer, but I don’t think I could feel the difference between the 2 settings as much with that truck being lowered. On the ‘burb it’s noticeable.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks. I am waiting on my Tax return and I'll order the set and start with-the middle hole.

What started this is I have a 13 Charger R/T Plus that has the SDDS Sport Suspension (SDDS option code) and I had my Trans being build so for a month or so I just drove the Charger.
Then I get the truck back and without consideration I took a turn on the way home from work like I would in the R/T and almost soiled my pants.

So I want to narrow that gap some.

It seems the prices are fixed on these things.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Hellwig 7800 Went On Fine. Love the Results!

As you can see she is on with no Corsa conflict. I used the middle hole set and its more than just a noticeable improvement.
I live near a roundabout and before I started the install I took several rotations around it for the before install felt lean.
But as soon as I took a left out of my driveway I realized the rocking boat effect was gone. The roundabout confirmed it.
It took more than 50% if I had to guess.
I am very pleased. I have the front bar arriving Thursday. Hellwig claims a 30% gain up there.

The Drivers Side
Note: On both sides the end-link to swarbar bolts are pointed the the same way. While under there it looked like it was closer to hitting the spare than it is, and on the passenger side the threads out of the nut was close to hitting the Corsa hangar so I did the same.
Also Note: The bar angling upward going back to the links. I was surprised to read in the instructions to point the middle hump downward. I couldn't tell it did that sitting in the box.

Well it's level (the middle hump) as installed and it ended up that way naturally. I tried adjusting the side bars to level but ran too short on threads. So I screwed them in the same depth as the threaded part in the links and it came out level.
I have the bar saddle brackets rocked back as far as possible without hitting lines. The included parking brake stand-off was perfect.
The connecting links lean forward a little, one reason I went to the middle hole.

The Passenger Side
This pic is tricky. It looks like the pipe hangar is close to the end-link jam nut but its not. The bolt head on the arm connection is closer. If I shake it really hard I can make it touch but a test drive on some rough stuff at speed didn't cause any contact.

So reading the instructions they say point the rear-end u-bolts downward (I had to rock them rearward) and to adjust the bars going to the connecting links to level but that cannot happen on mine (I ran out of threads).
I am not lifted. Stock Z71 ECSB.

The View From The Rear
Note:
I think it came out perfect. My truck's factory stance is the rear being a little higher than the front. With the bars going to the connecting links angling upward they match the stance of the truck.
The hump going around the differential cover in all the pictures I have seen make it look closer then actual.

Last edited by therock; 04-08-2018 at 07:46 PM.