Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Any manual tranny LSx swap gurus out there?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 07:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been thinking about this...

Since the gray CPP clutch wire is normally open, I think I have to hook it to a wire supplied with 12V at all times (not leave it unhooked) in order to effectively bypass the starter interlock.

Right?
Jake
Old 08-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jake Harsha
Been thinking about this...

Since the gray CPP clutch wire is normally open, I think I have to hook it to a wire supplied with 12V at all times (not leave it unhooked) in order to effectively bypass the starter interlock.

Right?
Jake
I believe you are right, the first time my master cylinder broke, I tried unplugging the clutch switch, so I could start the truck, and it wouldn't work, I ended up taking the switch apart, and moving the spring so it held the switch closed instead of open, that allows me to start in gear, but I can't use cruise control.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlownHD
I believe you are right, the first time my master cylinder broke, I tried unplugging the clutch switch, so I could start the truck, and it wouldn't work, I ended up taking the switch apart, and moving the spring so it held the switch closed instead of open, that allows me to start in gear, but I can't use cruise control.
Hmmm...now there's a wrinkle. I want it to start in gear AND I want the cruise to work. Looks like I'm going to need a switch of some sort on there after all.

Thanks,
Jake
Old 08-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jake Harsha
Hmmm...now there's a wrinkle. I want it to start in gear AND I want the cruise to work. Looks like I'm going to need a switch of some sort on there after all.

Thanks,
Jake
I have the switch out of my truck now, I can try and get some pictures, it has like 4 or 5 wires coming out of it, so you might just be able to isolate the wires and hook them together, or give them a constant 12v source so that they stay on.

I also didn't try to use my CC when I was driving with the switch locked closed.so it might work, but I doubt it, because it will turn off any time I push the clutch in. I was more concerned with driving 45 miles home from work with no use able clutch.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Teching In

I was thinking of just installing a few pin switches somewhere on the linkage with a manual bypass for clutch-free starting like so:

Think that'd work?
Jake

Last edited by Jake Harsha; 08-06-2009 at 01:38 PM.