Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Air ride technologies air ride kit!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air ride technologies air ride kit!

I have 2006 silverado with the beltech 3/4 drop kit rides pretty good in fact it is smoother than the factory towing suspension, but the rear bottoms out every ounce and a while and it's a little ruff, I was looking at the air ride kit very nice but pricey but it would increase the towing and adjustability and ride quality, any of you guys have the kit and have any experience with air suspension, I am a little concerned with reliability!
Old 12-25-2008, 05:41 PM
TOTM: June 2007

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

if i were you id run a Mini notch, and get a air lift tow bag setup...it will give you the ride you desire, and eliminate the bottoming out...
Old 12-26-2008, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've had mine for 3 or 4 years now. There's a big problem with wide wheels on the front with the bags and shocks mounted where they are , if the truck sits for a few weeks it kills your battery other than that it's been good. Pricey is right it adds up !
Old 12-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Banned

Now when you are talking about tire clearance are you talking about the shocks being mounted on the side of the a-arms not the shockwave kit right and the battery running down does the air compressor run even when the vehicle is off, sounds like an air leak and the power needs to be wired to the ignition not the battery!
Old 12-26-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are just wanting to fix the bottoming out, put a notch on it.

Air Ride Tech has some nice stuff. Most of the fullsize gm guys use there front kit, but use a KP Components rear 4 link with the cantilever attachment, making it a 6 link. As long as it setup right, you want have any problems. And there are all kinds of things to consider when bagging, if your wheels/tires tuck, do you want to tub the front/rear, do you want it to lay frame, etc. You could get a lot more responses and feedback on gmfullsize.com as most of the guys over there are bagged.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Banned

I have the silverado wheels and tires on it and it will hit my fenders, I wish that I hadn't got them so that is the problem!
Old 12-27-2008, 08:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ryan_prettyman
Now when you are talking about tire clearance are you talking about the shocks being mounted on the side of the a-arms not the shockwave kit right and the battery running down does the air compressor run even when the vehicle is off, sounds like an air leak and the power needs to be wired to the ignition not the battery!
Yes the bottom shock bolt will rub the inside of the tire when turned close to lock. The shockwaves won't do it but you don't get the travel or lift that the bag gives you.
All airbags will loose air over a period of time! If the compressor doesn't replace it then the sys will deflate because the air pressure keeps the valves closed so under a certain amt of pressure it dumps. It's the compressor running occasionally along with drain from the computer and memory for stereo, etc. that kills the battery.