Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Ahh... yet another 4L60E rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 06:56 AM
formerly 1BADC10 (12/14/2011)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No doubt he gets kudos for trying. Hence, my point of trial and error. If you've never done it before, expect to have issues. That's the reason I decided to buy necessary tools I need to do what I need to do. I have certainly hit snags along the way, and feel that's a "true" learning experience. Like I said, I'll read through it again to see what "not" to do that he (& maybe myself) were previously unsuccessful at. Others have even said that you have to have "*****" to attempt something like this. I wouldn't say THAT much, but it can be overwhelming for those that are not mechanically inclined. My motivation is learning something and conquering something that I wouldn't normally do.

*edit*

BTW, Vince... no, I don't plan on making this a business. I see how busy you get, not to mention a popular member (who is now moving over to be a "redass" ) who also does independent shop work. My wife gets on me for bringing "work" home, and enough on working on my truck when something breaks. You can have it. I'll help a friend when I can, but not as a business.

Hell... it took me two hours yesterday evening to get my A/C rolling again. Damn attic unit's condensate pipe got clogged over the years. It has done it before, and I paid almost $200 b/c I didn't feel like sweatin' my **** off then to fix it. Crap happened again Sunday night. I drained the overflow pan, and the crap filled up again. With cramped area to work with, sawed off a section of 3/4" PVC, cleared the gunk, used an auger to clear the entire run to the main sewer pipe (4"), and cement-sealed the cut section. BTW, that cement crap is about as bad as opening a bottle of ammonia... STRONG!

Last edited by 95ImpSS; 08-07-2007 at 07:05 AM.