Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Advice on hardened/billet output shaft?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on hardened/billet output shaft?

Hey guys, I have just about all I need to rebuild my 4l60e to hold some power, heres everything I have so far:

258mm multi disk billet 3800 circle d converter
Vacuum Modulator
Reverse Input Drum
Pro Street or Strip only 3/4 clutch pack
Transgo HD2 shift kit
Bushing Kit
Beast Sunshell
Carbon Fiber 2/4 band

Still need the Alto clutch kit and some fittings/hose to run from trans straight to trucool 40K and then back to trans to bypass rad.

Now that you know all that (JFYI) I need to find/price an output shaft since I'm 4wd. PATC's website is hard as hell to navigate.

Anyone have any idea where its best to find a hardened output shaft and prices? Thank you in advance for any help.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Staging Lane

bump...any advice on where to buy or best price for hardened input/output shafts?

Edit...just calle PATC transmissions and the hardened input shaft cms as a kit including the smart sheel (but I already have the beast sunshell) and some other things...$429...an the hardened output shaft is freaking $539!!!!!!!

Thats way higher than I anticipated

Last edited by SlowTruk; 06-03-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shoot me a pm to the link for that package so I can look at it for you. Vince
Old 06-04-2011, 12:36 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTruk
bump...any advice on where to buy or best price for hardened input/output shafts?

Edit...just calle PATC transmissions and the hardened input shaft cms as a kit including the smart sheel (but I already have the beast sunshell) and some other things...$429...an the hardened output shaft is freaking $539!!!!!!!

Thats way higher than I anticipated
Wow, that's almost billet shaft prices...I think that for an extra $100 or so you could go the billet route, which is highly recommended (especially by those who have shattered their stock or hardened shafts to bits)
Old 06-04-2011, 12:38 AM
11 Second Truck Club

ckperformance has billet output shafts for around $450
Old 06-04-2011, 12:41 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Wow, that's almost billet shaft prices...I think that for an extra $100 or so you could go the billet route, which is highly recommended (especially by those who have shattered their stock or hardened shafts to bits)
+1

You're 4x4, so you're heavy. Plus you want to make some big power in the future. Spend the dough now & get billet shafts, or spend alot more later, and still end up buying the billet shafts. Ask me how I know.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:47 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
+1

You're 4x4, so you're heavy. Plus you want to make some big power in the future. Spend the dough now & get billet shafts, or spend alot more later, and still end up buying the billet shafts. Ask me how I know.
I remember seeing pics of how you know
Old 06-04-2011, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by budhayes3
I remember seeing pics of how you know
I've got pictures like that burned into my brain! I can not tell you how many I've seen and in a 4wd application it just makes sense.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the input all of you. I will look into ck's output shafts for sure, that price sounds more reasonable. I guess I'll go billet after all. I also sent TCI an email asking how much they charge for billet input/output shafts.

Hey Vince, I never got a link to that kit, just had to call them Cause their website is so damned scattered out.

So its pretty obvious that i NEED a billet output shaft. Do you guys recommend a billet input shaft as well? Do i need it?
Old 06-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

With a setup like yours I wouldn't think a billet input would be necessary. If you want the extra insurance under WOT lockup then yeah, but not 100% needed.

Quick Reply: Advice on hardened/billet output shaft?