Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

5 speed manual SPEED

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So thanks everyone for the replies. I have decided that I'm going to drive it until I can't deal with it and then buy a rebuilt trans from Midwest transmission. Probably a year or so will be the time frame. Thanks for the oil recommendation too I've heard that they are picky. After hearing some stories, turns out my dad used to really rail on the truck after work and stuff to have some fun. He used to do "leave it to the floor, first second third" I convinced him to split the cost and the cost for someone to put it in. He said he helped someone put a trans in in a truck and swore to never do it again. Once we get that in I plan to buy a short shifter mentioned in this thread and have one nice shifting experience haha!
Old 09-12-2017, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only other problem for me with the truck is the sloppy steering, so a new steering box could be on the way too. Pretty sure it's the steering box because when moving the wheel with it on everything above the steering box moves back and forth and then steering box down doesn't budge. Trans rebuild and steering box and I'm driving a new truck!