Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

4l60e rebuild kit- what brand would you recommend

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e rebuild kit- what brand would you recommend

01 silverado 5.3l 4l60e 4x4 150K. just finished off the remaned transmission that i put in 6 months ago. took it to a dealership and was told that the sun gear is what has failed. the company i got the trans through is trying hard to not be responsible to replace the transmission. even if i wanted to try a second one from them it will likly take a month before my truck is back on the road. i dont want to wait and take a chance of having another POS trans.(the drain plug was rounded off on the first trans i got from them, i should of sent it back once i noticed that. honestly what company cant spend 5$ to replace the drain plug. that shows how cheap the company is.)

Looking into having the transmission rebuilt but not sure what company i should go through to buy a kit. is TCI any good, or b&M. i shop heavily on summit so these are the brands they show most of. is there any websites i should look at or any other companys i should look into? not wanting to spend more then 500$ on a kit but if i have to for quaility then so be it.

side question- i will need a torque converter. also not wanting to break the bank for one. and i dont need a high performance torque converter. would like somthing a little bit funner than a stock unit. any recommendations here?

Thanks for any help, sorry this is kinda long.