Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

07 NNBS Crew Cab 6l80 swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pulled the transfer case out and installed the 32spline input shaft. Didn't have the right type of snap ring pliers to put t back together. (Gonna have to borrow them tomorrow morning) So we spend most of the morning trying to get it to work with the wrong tools. That sucked. Called it quits on that and had just enough time to pull the 4l60 out. So now it's ready for the 6l80 to go in. �� Then it will just be a matter of putting everything back together after that! I can't wait.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:23 PM
Teching In

Didn't get much done today. I forgot to grab the pliers from a buddy on my way to the shop so I worked on other things.
Replaced the oil pan gasket. That should stop my oil leak. I hope so anyways.
Pulled the old cooler lines off. Put the new struts on.

That's about it. I have the day off tomorrow so I should be able to finish it up before bed time! Woot woot.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems like pretty simple tasks ahead
Old 01-24-2016, 09:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Reading this thread has me curious about that TU/TD harness and a corvette trans tune for my factory 6L80 truck. I hate the laziness of the factory "suggestions" er I mean shifter that goes through the BCM. Anyone know if that could be a plug and play thing? Sorry for the hijack...
Old 01-24-2016, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chevy305
Reading this thread has me curious about that TU/TD harness and a corvette trans tune for my factory 6L80 truck. I hate the laziness of the factory "suggestions" er I mean shifter that goes through the BCM. Anyone know if that could be a plug and play thing? Sorry for the hijack...
Not a hijack at all man. If you would have waited another week the question would have been answered. Lol. I'be been told that it won't work that way. They say That the TCM and the rest of the vehicle modules won't talk/work right.
I say, "Ahhhhh what the hell." And am gonna try it anyways. So stay tuned and I'll see what I can make happen. I'm sure They are right. I'm sure They have done everything I'm going to try. But oh well. Lol.

Soooooooo remember when I said I should be able to finish by bed time on Friday? Well it's not done yet. Lol. I ran into a problem while making my harness and needed something from town. But it was 12am at that point so I had to wait till today to work on it again. I got the harness done except for one wire. And I was late for dinner with the in-laws so I had to call it a day.
I work a double tomorrow, so won't be able to finish it until Tuesday. sigh.

Branden
Old 01-24-2016, 11:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Amazing how timelines get screwed up isnt it?? Lol
Old 01-25-2016, 08:25 AM
Teching In

You can say that again. Lol
Old 01-27-2016, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Did someone say something about messed up timelines?

Truck still isn't 100% yet. It turns out that I bought a 2010 6l80 instead of a 2008 like I was told. Not his fault, the LKQ tag said 08, and the motor was an 08. So not sure how the TCM got a 2010 TCM that was last flashed in 2010. But oh well.

I had to buy a new TCM ($450. That was more than I paid for the whole transmission!) I got it Put in and flashed with a Denali VIN. It was fine backing up... And was good going in drive for about 10 ft. Then it sent it into limp mode and locked it to 2nd. I was late for work at that moment in time so I didn't have time to mess with it any more today. But I have a base to start out with and another 36 hours of TIS2WEB remaining so I turned down some good paying OT tomorrow so I can finish this damm thing. Other than this it has been pretty much 100% bolt in thing. Hoping to resolve all the issues soon!

Thanks,
Branden
Old 01-27-2016, 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Where you get the trans so cheap.....holy crap!!
Old 01-27-2016, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Lol. A guy that needed it gone, I guess. It took 3 months of negotiation, but I got it for $400.

Quick Reply: 07 NNBS Crew Cab 6l80 swap