Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

07 Nbs Sbrc 4/6 Djm Drop +

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

look at the picture and tell me what a taller shackle is going to do. We did the flip kit and a new shackle mount that comes with the kit.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nick99Chevy
If all you did in the rear is a flipkit, then you need a taller shackle.
Did you read the first few posts?
Old 08-28-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OUT2WIN
A taller shackle is gonna pull that away from the frame. Who is wrong
Ok I'm not wrong, I guarantee you. If he has a normal leaf spring shackle setup then a longer shackle is going to lower it. Now if he has a shackle flip which reverses the position of the shackle then yes it will lift the truck but I'm almost possitive he does not.

Believe me bro. I would know. I have a flip kit with a 1" drop shackle, and guess what, it's a taller shackle.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Did you read the first few posts?
Yes I did, thats why I said if he did the flip kit ONLY, but thanks for the comment sunshine.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:05 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I understand what he is saying. The 07s come with this bracket to reverse the shackle mount. Am I seeing that right? Wouldn't he need a lift shackle?
Is that shackle and hanger upside down? On mine, the spring is the upper bolt of the shakle...hence the longer shackle providing more drop.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Is that shackle and hanger upside down? On mine, the spring is the upper bolt of the shakle...hence the longer shackle providing more drop.
That is exactly what he has been trying to explain. HIS SHACKLE NOW IS INSTALLED UPSIDE DOWN COMPARED TO STOCK.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:48 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Ok I'm not wrong, I guarantee you. If he has a normal leaf spring shackle setup then a longer shackle is going to lower it. Now if he has a shackle flip which reverses the position of the shackle then yes it will lift the truck but I'm almost possitive he does not.

Believe me bro. I would know. I have a flip kit with a 1" drop shackle, and guess what, it's a taller shackle.
It is not normal. It indeed is flipped. THE SHACKLE IS FLIPPED.

Damn a flip kit with a taller drop shackle lowered it another inch? I did that 4 years ago on my 99 which had a flip kit with a drop (longer) shackle and it worked just as you said. BlueSS is well aware of what he needs. The confusing part is EVERYONE telling him he is wrong.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

IF that pic is what is on -HIS TRUCK NOW- ....which is not the stock hanger and shackle... he needs a shorter shackle
Old 08-29-2007, 08:26 AM
TECH Regular

thank you Allgonoshow. Ya'll just look at the picture it's self explanatory. I said it from the beginning that my set up had reversed the action of the shackle. So does anybody know of a lift shackle available?
Old 08-29-2007, 04:55 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is exactly what he has been trying to explain. HIS SHACKLE NOW IS INSTALLED UPSIDE DOWN COMPARED TO STOCK.
OK, gotcha

I'm not familiar with any lift shackles for the newer trucks...I tried a google search and came up with diddly. Maybe check out Rancho, Pro-Comp, etc.? Could try searching the Offroad Performance section here too.

Quick Reply: 07 Nbs Sbrc 4/6 Djm Drop +