FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

Nnbs return fuel system wiring fpcm

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 10:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

10-4 boss
Old 06-05-2019, 02:24 PM
TECH Regular

I finally got the water pump figured out.

I was hoping one of you guys could help me with something small.

On the battery terminals, the negative wire does a Y, could you guys show me where it gets grounded/bolted to?
Theres also two wires close to the brake booster, i know one goes to the hood, but theres another one that looks like a flat strap, could you guys show me where that one goes.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:13 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Here the only pic I got in my phone. Negative to passenger head and the strap goes brake booster to fire wall. Also there are smaller wires that ground with the big cable back to the battery. I would run my ground from head to battery for best ground and shortest distance. Bad ground can make everything function funky. So that has to be a good connection. I upgraded my ground wire since we’re now drawing more current also and starting takes a punch. I’ll try n get a closer pic
Old 06-05-2019, 05:16 PM
Launching!

That big blue wire is my ground to the left it’s a marine ground since boats have no frame or metal to ground it to they use thinner stranded copper to ground to the block and run really powerful sound systems so I figured this would work good
Old 06-06-2019, 05:32 AM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

You have one that bolts to the hood the other bolts to a stud on fire wall. My truck has another ground strap from the stud on driver side fire wall to cylinder head bolt on posterior driver side cylinder head.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RySmDPT14
You have one that bolts to the hood the other bolts to a stud on fire wall. My truck has another ground strap from the stud on driver side fire wall to cylinder head bolt on posterior driver side cylinder head.
Yeah just saw that last night, i hadnt realized both the harness ground and the battery were post ground were screwed together on the passenger side head, i only had one on there.
Thank you gentlemen

Gonna put fuel in her today, and seeing if the wiring for the fuel system is good, and if i can get fuel pressure
Old 06-06-2019, 08:48 AM
Launching!

Post pics of your set up
Old 06-06-2019, 09:06 AM
TECH Regular

Anything in specific?
I didnt get anymore pics of the bucket besides the ones i posted earlier, i kept both pumps in the bucket just ziptied them down with the socks inside the bucket
Old 06-06-2019, 08:12 PM
Launching!

Just your truck in general. The whole build
Old 01-23-2020, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old thread I know. End results of this? I’m doing pretty much the same. Dual 450s, -8 feed reg on rail and -6 return, dual Hotwire kit. Weird though, I have a fuel pump fuse (that I will be using for my remote wire) but also have the FPCM... trying to bypass. How does the ECM read/see fuel pressure?

Quick Reply: Nnbs return fuel system wiring fpcm