FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

Nnbs return fuel system wiring fpcm

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 08:40 PM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Throw a test light on it and see if it has power when ignition is on/ running. If so, then throw a fuse tap on there and run your relay trigger wires to it
Old 05-31-2019, 09:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

I still have a lot of things unplugged, think I can still throw the battery on and give it a try?
Old 06-01-2019, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What’s unplugged? If you have a tester test the voltage when truck is on. If you got 12v then put the fuse tap there and hook both to it. No problem since it’s just a trigger source on/off. You have two separate relays for each pump run in parallel back to the tank?
Old 06-01-2019, 08:57 PM
TECH Regular

I have sensors for O2’s, maf, alternator stuff like that.
yes I have two separate relay kits, the ones I posted earlier.
one to each pump, one with an intermediate HOBBS switch to turn on the second pump
Old 06-01-2019, 09:07 PM
Launching!

Yea you can hook the battery up and check voltage no problem. How far are you from startup and testing? Any pics of you fuel bucket setup? Are you just resting the pumps in the bucket or tie them down?
Old 06-02-2019, 07:55 AM
TECH Regular

I also have a water Cooler pump I want to test before I install and run wires.

would it be okay to just run a positive and negative wires to my battery to test, or could I burn it out by doing that?

i just don’t know of a way to check it before I install it
Old 06-02-2019, 11:40 AM
Launching!

Well if you do that then you wouldn’t know if it get triggered from your ignition source. That’s just hot wiring it straight to positive negative so you would get voltage but you wouldn’t know if it’s on when your key is on. Just plug the fuse block back onto the battery and the turn the key to the acc/on position without starting it and see if that fuse slot has 12v. If you don’t have a tester then I’d buy one. But maybe I’m not understanding what you’re trying to “test”. You trying to test you pumps or the fuse slot where you want to tie the trigger source into? Thought you wanted to see if the empty “fuel pump” fuse slot is 12v? That would need to be tested while the ignition in your truck is in the on position. Unless I’m confused by what you’re asking?
Old 06-02-2019, 11:44 AM
Launching!

your water pump cooler needs power?
Old 06-02-2019, 01:33 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chevykev
your water pump cooler needs power?
No I’m trying to test the pump for my water pump going to the heat exchanger.
i got my fuel pump relay issue worked out.

the cables coming to the water pump are both black, so I wanted to test to see which is power and which is ground, that’s why I was curious if I could put the wires straight to the battery or do I run the risk of blowing it. I just need to figure which of the two wires going to my pump are power and ground, unless you have a better method
Old 06-02-2019, 03:36 PM
Launching!

You’re supercharged then. Don’t know much about those but should be able to just put it on the terminals and see if it’s works or not. Won’t blow anything it would just not work if it’s hooked up wrong. Then if it doesn’t work swap it and see if that makes it work. But if they’re not labeled which is which then it probably doesn’t matter the polarity if they weren’t labeled already. Maybe one wire has a white stripe on it?

Quick Reply: Nnbs return fuel system wiring fpcm