FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

08 Sierra factory FF Big HP Setup, options and opinons please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 01:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Sierra factory FF Big HP Setup, options and opinons please!

Been lurking in the forums for a while trying to get ready for my first GMT900 build.

2008 Sierra RCSB 2wd:

-5.3 ( possibly forged rod/piston)
-4l80e
-currently have 216/220 cam .550 on a 114 with pac 1218's in a set of 243 heads
-Im in on the Huron turbo kit group buy but undecided on turbo size ( billet7875 or s4xx with a T4 hotside)
-Would like to get into the 10's while maintaining great street manners AC, good ride, etc...

One of the sticking points seems to be the fuel system, mainly the fact that most people butcher the buckets and run their pumps dry from fuel sloshing also keep or delete the FPCM?. I like the idea of a single large capable pump ( Magnafuel 4303), as I had a Walbro 450 leave me stranded in my previous s10 5.3 turbo t56 build.

All options will be with a -8 feed and stock feed as return through a boost referenced reg. using a flex sensor and deadheading into the stuck rails.

Option 1) I specifically would like to replicate Three6GMC's set up here ( http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...-power-547334/ ) but with the bucket cut for the fuel sock and no venturi set up, im not sure how this would be any different then using dual 450's with the socks through the bottom of the bucket. Will this set up be safe below 1/2 tank? Also, is this loud in the cab? seems as though it should be less loud then having it mounted on the frame rail.

Option 2) Use a diesel type fuel sump to an external pump(s) 044's mp4303, dw350il, etc... Activated with a hobbs, tee it into a new -8 feed and use the stock feed as a return. if possible

Option 3) Use a dual 450 intank setup, and attempt to keep the stock bucket and venturi intact, one full time and one off a hobbs. If the sotck venturi system cannot keep the bucket full then switch to a Radium venturi and Holley hydramat setup to pull fuel into the bucket along with having the return dump into it.

Option 4) Build a surge tank set up using the stock system to fill the surge, and the surge tank to run a 4303 full time.... I like option 1 more, only 1 pump to fail.

Option 5) Buy a fuel cell and run the 4303 internal or external.... My only requirement is i would like a stock location cell to utilize the factory hoses, wiring, and filler neck!

I ahve priced out option 1 at around $1000 completed minus injectors which i already have ID1050x's. I would just like to hear from experienced people to make a decision and not have to worry about running lean or dry due to fuel slosh. Thanks!
Old 05-03-2018, 02:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboRCSB88
Been lurking in the forums for a while trying to get ready for my first GMT900 build.

2008 Sierra RCSB 2wd:

-5.3 ( possibly forged rod/piston)
-4l80e
-currently have 216/220 cam .550 on a 114 with pac 1218's in a set of 243 heads
-Im in on the Huron turbo kit group buy but undecided on turbo size ( billet7875 or s4xx with a T4 hotside)
-Would like to get into the 10's while maintaining great street manners AC, good ride, etc...

One of the sticking points seems to be the fuel system, mainly the fact that most people butcher the buckets and run their pumps dry from fuel sloshing also keep or delete the FPCM?. I like the idea of a single large capable pump ( Magnafuel 4303), as I had a Walbro 450 leave me stranded in my previous s10 5.3 turbo t56 build.

All options will be with a -8 feed and stock feed as return through a boost referenced reg. using a flex sensor and deadheading into the stuck rails.

Option 1) I specifically would like to replicate Three6GMC's set up here ( http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...-power-547334/ ) but with the bucket cut for the fuel sock and no venturi set up, im not sure how this would be any different then using dual 450's with the socks through the bottom of the bucket. Will this set up be safe below 1/2 tank? Also, is this loud in the cab? seems as though it should be less loud then having it mounted on the frame rail.

Option 2) Use a diesel type fuel sump to an external pump(s) 044's mp4303, dw350il, etc... Activated with a hobbs, tee it into a new -8 feed and use the stock feed as a return. if possible

Option 3) Use a dual 450 intank setup, and attempt to keep the stock bucket and venturi intact, one full time and one off a hobbs. If the sotck venturi system cannot keep the bucket full then switch to a Radium venturi and Holley hydramat setup to pull fuel into the bucket along with having the return dump into it.

Option 4) Build a surge tank set up using the stock system to fill the surge, and the surge tank to run a 4303 full time.... I like option 1 more, only 1 pump to fail.

Option 5) Buy a fuel cell and run the 4303 internal or external.... My only requirement is i would like a stock location cell to utilize the factory hoses, wiring, and filler neck!

I ahve priced out option 1 at around $1000 completed minus injectors which i already have ID1050x's. I would just like to hear from experienced people to make a decision and not have to worry about running lean or dry due to fuel slosh. Thanks!
Talk to @fastjweb . He dailies a 10sec truck.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sent fastjweb a PM. About to pull the trigger on the 4303 intank setup. I almost think I can keep the factory buket intact and use a radium venturi to pull fuel from a hyrdamat to the bucket, but only is starvation or slosh issues arise from the fuel sock poking through the bottom of the bucket.