Foreign Performance Discussion Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Range Rover

Turbo Titan Vid

Old 05-12-2009, 12:35 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Does Uprev have tuning capabilites for boost?
yep.. i will be turboing my truck very very soon, hehe buying a Garrett dual ball bearing GT4094 this friday
Old 06-06-2009, 11:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by O-FiveCC
yeah they got 475 out of 3-4 psi an a safe tune. They are rebuilding and are going to stay at around 3-5 PSI and get it properly tuned in. They are just shooting for safe amount of boost for a stock truck. That truck looks awesome with those wheels in person, that truck is (was) mean.
If you believe that they got 475rwhp out of 4.5psi on a safe tune, I want to know what you're taking because I want some.

On their "stock" truck they did NOT make 475rwhp on a safe tune on 4.5psi. 8-9psi, sure. I have PM'd them on ClubTitan asking what was their timing out, what was all done to the truck, etc and I got ZERO response. Why, because I questioned them on the '4.5psi' and they know that they didn't do it.

Think about this and follow the logic. If their truck made 290rwhp-ish stock(since that's what they are claiming pre-turbo kit) and add 4.5#, it does not = 475rwhp. I can believe if they said roughly 400rwhp. On a turbo car/truck, per pound of boost is about 15-17rwhp. Think about it this way, 290rwhp and you add another atmosphere (14.7psi or 1 bar which ever you want to talk about), you would essentially double your rwhp. Now, 475 is roughly 180rwhp more then stock. That's more then 7psi running through their engine(at 7psi or 1/2 bar, they would make make roughly 420-440rwhp range, depending on tune/air-fuel ratio/etc). I believe it was the 9# run that they got the 475rwhp on. No doubt.

When he blew his bottom end up, I'm sure he was trying to add to much timing without one of the following: 1. higher octane fuel, 2. intercooler, 3 alky or methonal injection system.. I asked him what his timing at peak torque was (very important) and if he ramped the timing up afterwards. Again, no response.

Conclusion: That 475rwhp run was on 8-10# of boost and then he got greedy (don't we all?) for more power and turned up the timing to much and now he needs a new bottom end (minimum).

Side note: If you don't believe me, read up on how turbo's work and look around the tech section of not only this board, but LS1tech/forced induction section. LOTS of good information.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:59 AM
Teching In

That is why you take the time to research what you are doing. At least you will know how deep the water is and if your comfortable in it or if you would rather leave it up to someone else. Even now there are things that I could improve on with my system. But I'm happy where it is and I left plenty of performance on the table for when I have some tires that will get traction. However, some people will believe anything they are told.......
Old 06-19-2009, 09:27 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just wanna know how hard it is to pull an engine out of a truck with a 2 foot long hood lol
Old 06-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Teching In

It's a good thing you have cams Toomny. You can feel the bottleneck after you hit 120 in my non cammed truck.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:06 PM
12 Second Truck Club

sure the bottleneck isnt the drag from trying to push a 5k brick down the road??? hehe
Old 06-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DarkblueTA
If you believe that they got 475rwhp out of 4.5psi on a safe tune, I want to know what you're taking because I want some.

On their "stock" truck they did NOT make 475rwhp on a safe tune on 4.5psi. 8-9psi, sure. I have PM'd them on ClubTitan asking what was their timing out, what was all done to the truck, etc and I got ZERO response. Why, because I questioned them on the '4.5psi' and they know that they didn't do it.

Think about this and follow the logic. If their truck made 290rwhp-ish stock(since that's what they are claiming pre-turbo kit) and add 4.5#, it does not = 475rwhp. I can believe if they said roughly 400rwhp. On a turbo car/truck, per pound of boost is about 15-17rwhp. Think about it this way, 290rwhp and you add another atmosphere (14.7psi or 1 bar which ever you want to talk about), you would essentially double your rwhp. Now, 475 is roughly 180rwhp more then stock. That's more then 7psi running through their engine(at 7psi or 1/2 bar, they would make make roughly 420-440rwhp range, depending on tune/air-fuel ratio/etc). I believe it was the 9# run that they got the 475rwhp on. No doubt.

When he blew his bottom end up, I'm sure he was trying to add to much timing without one of the following: 1. higher octane fuel, 2. intercooler, 3 alky or methonal injection system.. I asked him what his timing at peak torque was (very important) and if he ramped the timing up afterwards. Again, no response.

Conclusion: That 475rwhp run was on 8-10# of boost and then he got greedy (don't we all?) for more power and turned up the timing to much and now he needs a new bottom end (minimum).

Side note: If you don't believe me, read up on how turbo's work and look around the tech section of not only this board, but LS1tech/forced induction section. LOTS of good information.

No I just believe everything I read! LOL...Nope just posted what they said. They also the 9-10 PSI run was over 500 HP...Obviously they could ne lieing. Anyone could be lieing, they are a business and businesses want to make money, but that's what they said and they have been upfront with a ot of the Titan members who have done business with them. Such as a warranty transmission on one that should not have been warrantied. With that said, that post was a while back, and I have wised up enough not to read into all their "hype"...I am however looking forward to toomny's turbo build. All these trucks on here in the 10's and 11's and not one damn Titan there LOL...Hopefully we'll have one

Last edited by O-FiveCC; 06-29-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 726.0chevelle
i just wanna know how hard it is to pull an engine out of a truck with a 2 foot long hood lol
as i am a nissan tech i know how fun it is to pull the motor on one of theseafter i did one i didnt want to see a titan for months
Old 06-30-2009, 01:09 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Drop in an LS motor and be done with it!
Old 06-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Launching!

That would be so much easier with mods wouldn't it!! Of course then we wouldn't get to see the full potential of this motor. The hood is kinda stuby LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turbo Titan Vid