Toyota X-runner?

Old 08-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Toyota X-runner?

What's the deal with the x-runner? I saw one the other day and have heard they handle very good so what's the story behind them?

The truck was a medium blue and looked pretty good IMHO.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

loooks like a better starting point than the colorado
Old 08-13-2005, 06:55 PM
Launching!

Pulls skidpad numbers in the 350z range....has the big v6 and 6 sp stick. TRD makes some bolt on pieces for it (like a supercharger). Its a sweet truck, sorry bowtie brigade, but the colorado is waaaaaaay outclassed on this one.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SaintLos
Pulls skidpad numbers in the 350z range....has the big v6 and 6 sp stick. TRD makes some bolt on pieces for it (like a supercharger). Its a sweet truck, sorry bowtie brigade, but the colorado is waaaaaaay outclassed on this one.
Ive always like the tacos. My evil-ex girlfriends supercharged civic got its *** handed to it by my friends bolt on Tacoma
Old 08-14-2005, 03:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not hard to do, the Colorado is junk IMO.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:54 PM
Launching!

See I dont think the Colorado is junk...had it been introduced 5 years ago it would be a class leader, but the real problem is that it can't touch anything in its class. Okay its better than a Ranger, but aside from its cheap price (post rebate/discounts) how can Chevy put this thing out in the market and claim it can compete with a Dakota, Tacoma, or Frontier? Its laughable and its a shame since the small truck segment is gonna be pushed to the forefront as gas prices increase.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

See I dont think the Colorado is junk...had it been introduced 5 years ago it would be a class leader, but the real problem is that it can't touch anything in its class. Okay its better than a Ranger, but aside from its cheap price (post rebate/discounts) how can Chevy put this thing out in the market and claim it can compete with a Dakota, Tacoma, or Frontier? Its laughable and its a shame since the small truck segment is gonna be pushed to the forefront as gas prices increase.
As a truck it can't tow or haul very much, and it's barely big enough to sit two people across, much less three. In an attempt to do both things, it doesn't haul either people or stuff around very well. Because of these reasons, I see it as a failure...but I am always looking at the function of something, not if it's "cute" or whatever other reasons people have for buying something.

My friend had three Rangers before he got his 4.8L RCSB, and they were great trucks....the Colorado would have to be really good to outshine them.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Made in South Korea

I have yet to see one, I know I want a peace of one
Old 08-16-2005, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

yes they do handle as good as they say and ghostcustoms to bad your over there in Cali or else i would be up for it
Old 08-16-2005, 10:25 PM
Made in South Korea

Do you have the six speed and I want a picture of your axle/centering bar

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Toyota X-runner?