FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

X-link 2.1 (Reduced Engine Power) TPS Nitrous/Magnacharger

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03tahoe22
I cant use the car style tb only because i have the joe gibbs carbon fiber magnacharger engine cover and it is custom molded and the ls2 tb sticks out to far to the left. thanks for the suggestions.
The TBSS throttle body dose not have stiff enough of a spring and will cause the the blade to flutter under boost and cause REP. Most boosted TBSS guys swapped in a LS2 TB which dose not flutter under boost.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:40 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This sounds more like an issue with the design of the WOT switch. Do you have any info on it and a wiring diagram for it?

You could also try tapping into the Accelerator Pedal Position sensor signal - use the dark blue wire at the 10 pin connector on the TAC module.

PS - Make sure that the pink wires inside both wire looms on the X-Link have not been cut if you are using the truck style 90mm TB.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok done some f*cking with wires. The truck doesnt go into "rep" mode when the nitrous is activated and it is stomped. The truck does go into "rep" mode when the nitrous is no activated and stomped. I think it is back feeding voltage some how. Can I put a diode in the WOT wire to stop this from happening? What size?
Old 02-03-2009, 09:05 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Ok done some f*cking with wires. The truck doesnt go into "rep" mode when the nitrous is activated and it is stomped. The truck does go into "rep" mode when the nitrous is no activated and stomped. I think it is back feeding voltage some how. Can I put a diode in the WOT wire to stop this from happening? What size?
Do you see any voltage in the WOT trigger wire with a meter when the system is not activated and the wire is not connected to the TPS wire?

If you do try a small (1/4 watt) general purpose diode and it works, you will have to adjust your WOT settings afterward due to the voltage drop across the diode- typically .7V. Might also be that you need a resistor in there rather than a diode(e.g. 10Kohm-1/4 watt). Just guessing without knowing the schematics of the switch circuit. Did you contact the manufacturer of the switch?
Old 02-03-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I dont have a tester since I am back at school. Probably giong to buy one to check. I havent yet contacted the manufacturer (zex) but I did contact the installer of the nitrous and they did tell me that they have had similar problems and might need to install a diode. He was saying like 1 or 2 amp diode? I will reprogram the wot wire box after just to be safe. How would a resistor work it doesnt stop current like a diode does it?
Old 02-03-2009, 10:26 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

The TPS signal is very low current- we are talking mAmps rather than amps. You don't need anything too beefy.

The resistor was for another possible scenario.

I would test that lead first. Also test for continuity/resistance between that lead and ground.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DrX
You could also try tapping into the Accelerator Pedal Position sensor signal - use the dark blue wire at the 10 pin connector on the TAC module.
Where do I find this wire? Diode installed and when the wot wire is attached and the nitrous is not activated still throw rep code. Any other suggestions.... "ride around with the nitrous always active" solution...ha
Old 02-07-2009, 09:00 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Where do I find this wire? Diode installed and when the wot wire is attached and the nitrous is not activated still throw rep code. Any other suggestions.... "ride around with the nitrous always active" solution...ha
If the diode was installed the right way around and it still triggered REP, the WOT wire may be acting as a partial ground. That's why I was thinking of trying a resistor on the wire.

The TAC module is mounted on the driver's side firewall under the corner brace. There are 2 connectors plugged into the bottom of it, one 10 pin and one 16 pin. The APP sensor 1 signal is the dark blue wire on the 10 pin connector.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

DR X. Thanks for all the help. The dark blue wire worked!.....Time to go test it out.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:46 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

DR X. Thanks for all the help. The dark blue wire worked!.....Time to go test it out.
Glad to hear that its working.

Quick Reply: X-link 2.1 (Reduced Engine Power) TPS Nitrous/Magnacharger