PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   FORCED INDUCTION (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/forced-induction-159/)
-   -   Wideband logging through EGR (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/forced-induction-159/wideband-logging-through-egr-544388/)

FetzerValve 06-01-2016 09:45 PM

Wideband logging through EGR

Hey guys,

I'm trying to log some data with my new turbo setup to send to Justin at Blackbear and am having some trouble finding information about logging the wideband through the EGR. Can anybody help me out? I'm running an AEM UEGO...

vettelovralexand 06-02-2016 06:06 AM

You need to take the white wire (0-5V output) and run it to the correct ECM pin for the EGR circuit. He can then create a custom PID to monitor the voltage coming in on that channel and translate that to air/fuel ratio based on the table provided in the documents that came with the sensor. Basically 0 V= 10 AFR and 5 V = 20 AFR. Best I can gather (when I was looking at going SD also) is that you would need to hook this wire up to pin 55 on the c2 ECM connector.

Atomic 06-02-2016 08:22 AM

Yea its the EGR sensor position pin on a PCM end view chart. Run your wideband analog output to this spot and make sure you log EGR voltage in the scanner and he can make the transfer function to translate the voltage to AFR. Its not always 0v=10 and 5v=20 on every wideband, and also it helps to calibrate, the slope may be slightly different.

vettelovralexand 06-02-2016 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Atomic (Post 5363619)
Yea its the EGR sensor position pin on a PCM end view chart. Run your wideband analog output to this spot and make sure you log EGR voltage in the scanner and he can make the transfer function to translate the voltage to AFR. Its not always 0v=10 and 5v=20 on every wideband, and also it helps to calibrate, the slope may be slightly different.

Yes, you are correct, it isn't that way for all the widebands but the UEGO materials have the full reference curve and those are the endpoints. I didn't look to check curve linearity, but assume it is.

Atomic 06-02-2016 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by vettelovralexand (Post 5363631)
Yes, you are correct, it isn't that way for all the widebands but the UEGO materials have the full reference curve and those are the endpoints. I didn't look to check curve linearity, but assume it is.

They may not always be those endpoints, but all I have seen are indeed linear. I have seen some widebands that have a minimum of 0.5v and max of 4.5v that goes from say afr=8 to afr=17. My point is always check the wideband manual to see what they say the output is. Most manuals either include the equation to use, or include a table where you can figure out the equation.

madmann26 06-02-2016 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Atomic (Post 5363633)
They may not always be those endpoints, but all I have seen are indeed linear. I have seen some widebands that have a minimum of 0.5v and max of 4.5v that goes from say afr=8 to afr=17. My point is always check the wideband manual to see what they say the output is. Most manuals either include the equation to use, or include a table where you can figure out the equation.

grade school math again? :D

Atomic 06-02-2016 11:19 AM

Yea, its just dividing, rise over run! ;)

Ferocity02 06-30-2016 04:30 PM

I'm a little late to the party, but here you go: http://download.efilive.com/Tutorial...20Tutorial.pdf

I followed this to wire in a fuel pressure sensor into the EGR signal, worked like a charm.

FetzerValve 07-01-2016 11:27 PM

Just to provide some closure to this thread, I did get the wideband wired up to the EGR pin. Just for reference, the EGR pin is #55 on the C2 connector which is the bottom one on the PCM. The pins inside the connector are labeled, so just count out until you find #55. Works like a charm.

ILuvJDM 01-31-2018 05:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by FetzerValve (Post 5368412)
Just to provide some closure to this thread, I did get the wideband wired up to the EGR pin. Just for reference, the EGR pin is #55 on the C2 connector which is the bottom one on the PCM. The pins inside the connector are labeled, so just count out until you find #55. Works like a charm.

Which of these wires would go to pin #55 ?

Attachment 155481