FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Wideband logging through EGR

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wideband logging through EGR

Hey guys,

I'm trying to log some data with my new turbo setup to send to Justin at Blackbear and am having some trouble finding information about logging the wideband through the EGR. Can anybody help me out? I'm running an AEM UEGO...
Old 06-02-2016, 06:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You need to take the white wire (0-5V output) and run it to the correct ECM pin for the EGR circuit. He can then create a custom PID to monitor the voltage coming in on that channel and translate that to air/fuel ratio based on the table provided in the documents that came with the sensor. Basically 0 V= 10 AFR and 5 V = 20 AFR. Best I can gather (when I was looking at going SD also) is that you would need to hook this wire up to pin 55 on the c2 ECM connector.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:22 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Yea its the EGR sensor position pin on a PCM end view chart. Run your wideband analog output to this spot and make sure you log EGR voltage in the scanner and he can make the transfer function to translate the voltage to AFR. Its not always 0v=10 and 5v=20 on every wideband, and also it helps to calibrate, the slope may be slightly different.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
Yea its the EGR sensor position pin on a PCM end view chart. Run your wideband analog output to this spot and make sure you log EGR voltage in the scanner and he can make the transfer function to translate the voltage to AFR. Its not always 0v=10 and 5v=20 on every wideband, and also it helps to calibrate, the slope may be slightly different.
Yes, you are correct, it isn't that way for all the widebands but the UEGO materials have the full reference curve and those are the endpoints. I didn't look to check curve linearity, but assume it is.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:17 AM
I have a gauge for that

Originally Posted by vettelovralexand
Yes, you are correct, it isn't that way for all the widebands but the UEGO materials have the full reference curve and those are the endpoints. I didn't look to check curve linearity, but assume it is.
They may not always be those endpoints, but all I have seen are indeed linear. I have seen some widebands that have a minimum of 0.5v and max of 4.5v that goes from say afr=8 to afr=17. My point is always check the wideband manual to see what they say the output is. Most manuals either include the equation to use, or include a table where you can figure out the equation.
Old 06-02-2016, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
They may not always be those endpoints, but all I have seen are indeed linear. I have seen some widebands that have a minimum of 0.5v and max of 4.5v that goes from say afr=8 to afr=17. My point is always check the wideband manual to see what they say the output is. Most manuals either include the equation to use, or include a table where you can figure out the equation.
grade school math again?
Old 06-02-2016, 11:19 AM
I have a gauge for that

Yea, its just dividing, rise over run!
Old 06-30-2016, 04:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a little late to the party, but here you go: http://download.efilive.com/Tutorial...20Tutorial.pdf

I followed this to wire in a fuel pressure sensor into the EGR signal, worked like a charm.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to provide some closure to this thread, I did get the wideband wired up to the EGR pin. Just for reference, the EGR pin is #55 on the C2 connector which is the bottom one on the PCM. The pins inside the connector are labeled, so just count out until you find #55. Works like a charm.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by FetzerValve
Just to provide some closure to this thread, I did get the wideband wired up to the EGR pin. Just for reference, the EGR pin is #55 on the C2 connector which is the bottom one on the PCM. The pins inside the connector are labeled, so just count out until you find #55. Works like a charm.
Which of these wires would go to pin #55 ?

Wideband logging through EGR-pfxqetn.jpg

Quick Reply: Wideband logging through EGR