FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Why im thinking the Radix is what I need.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Why im thinking the Radix is what I need.

Well to be honest with the board the main reason I didnt want to go with the Radix is because it seems like everyone that buys a supercharger on this forum has one, I just wanted something different. What I like about the Radix though is its totally complete kit, can be installed in one day, comes with tuning so I dont have to worry about trailering the truck to have it tuned,builds boost instantly, and Nelson Performance has tuned alot of them so I can trust a mail order tune for it in the future. But I realized, after reading several old post from people that just bought them, that its what I want. Brian, (Blownchevy) has also contributed alot of time to the Magnacharger product answering questions. But I have some now. Does the larger heat exchanger come standard now? Also can someone PM me some place were they sell them at good prices. I will also have a blower cam in there but I wont install that until after the blower is on. Looking at the VHP 045 cam or some custom grinds from Combination Motorsports. Realistically 500 rwhp is what I want, but its not what I need for a everyday vechile. Ill be happy with 450
Old 01-16-2005, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

well thanx for the story. u been drinkin at all?
Old 01-16-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

You will be very happy with the Radix. The kit is amazing. Its complete and easy to install. 450 RWHP will be basically maxing out that blower, which is going to produce alot of heat because it will be over spinning the blower. They are very reliable for everyday driving. But I have said this before, if you are looking to make alot of power in the future then I would go ahead and get the ATI D1 kit. Either way you will be happier, and the magnacharger kit will probably save you a few $$$. Just my .02
Old 01-16-2005, 10:08 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The Radix is good to alot more than 450rwhp.... 500 is easy with a H/C package and proper tuning. Been there done that.

The system does come with the larger front mount H/E....

I would suggest any of the sponsors on the right for your purchase ------->
Old 01-17-2005, 02:06 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
The Radix is good to alot more than 450rwhp.... 500 is easy with a H/C package and proper tuning. Been there done that.

I havn't seen it ON A TRUCK yet. Well I should say a truck that doesn't already put out 400rwhp before the blower. :p
Old 01-17-2005, 11:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made 450rwhp with a h/c 4.8 and a radix. That was with the trans on its way out and enigne had a pistion on its way out to. I think if I had fixed the motor and trans and then put the radix back on it could have made 500rwhp. but i guess we will never know????
Old 01-17-2005, 11:42 AM
blownerator

Originally Posted by LTNKLR01
I made 450rwhp with a h/c 4.8 and a radix.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:04 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
I havn't seen it ON A TRUCK yet. Well I should say a truck that doesn't already put out 400rwhp before the blower. :p
Old 01-17-2005, 01:01 PM
sfj
TECH Enthusiast

again the radix is a bad **** kit but i am going with two tone on here not to knock the magnuson product cause like you said it is a superior product but the d1 with the ATI is going to be able to provide more boost (not saying that your goal is unrealistic with the magnuson) but the ATI is more of a top end blower and i have heard of those getting up to 15 pounds of boost with a different pulley but like bryan said with you cam and your tune you prolly should be able to reach the 450 i would think
Old 01-17-2005, 01:14 PM
blownerator

And you really need to think about how long a motor is going to last daily driven on pump gas with 15psi.

I am not knocking the other power adders at all, infact I invite you to do your research and ask the questions. I just don't think 15 psi on pump gas is going to last long.

Quick Reply: Why im thinking the Radix is what I need.