FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Who is interested in a larger radix intercooler?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 11:29 AM
PSM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
MJHOWARD, I know exactly what you are talking about and it makes sense. It works the same as air flow. If you have X amount of air traveling through a area and you increase the area the air will slow down, if you decrease the area then the air will speed up. Jet engines have divergent and convergent ducts, convergent decreases the area and speeds up the air, divergent increases the area and slows down the air. Same principal as fluid dynamics. What you are stating is that when the water enters the radiator it will slow down do to the increase in volume, when it enters back into the lines the flow rate will resume standard flow.

Maybe this will explain it better for those who are a little lost..

ah some one else whos at my level.... fluids... I like that much better than solid mechanics
Old 10-21-2005, 03:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2005SSR6Speed
I am contemplateing running this N-tercooler on the stock "Radix" heat exchanger for cool down before and after runs. These actually work real good with the air-2-water intercoolers. If you run a big enough heat exchanger you could probably run 2 of these. It will actually leave frost on your heat exchanger dramaticly reduceing the temp of the fluid. They will custom make an N-tercooler ring for you too.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Catalo...ntercooler.pdf

I have seen this done with CO2 rather then nitrous.
I have seen this before and is an excellent way of cooling it off but you still have the problem that I am trying to stay away from: continual maintinance. That is why I hate nitros. You are always out of it when you need it.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Upgrade results!

Today I got a tune and the IAT's droped after a long 2nd & 3rd gear run from 201* to 170*. There was 10* lower ambient temp today than there was during my last tune so I will say approx 20 degree drop in IAT. The real proof is that we were able to put 28* timing in it without knock retard. That is where the real results show. That is 5 degrees more than we had before!

20* drop and 5 more degrees in timing = HP

I am about to install a pusher fan on it and a switch to allow me to run the fan and pump with the motor shut off. I will be carrying it to the track tonight.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

8.40 @ 85.6 mph in the 1/8th(That's a high 12 - low 13 1/4)
That is with limited traction and a best 60' of 1.98
I'm happy considering 275/55- 20's
Old 12-16-2005, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you have one of your heat exchangers for sale? I'd like to buy one.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JimS
Do you have one of your heat exchangers for sale? I'd like to buy one.
I'm still selling the Fluidyne unit that I never installed: Fluidyne H/E
Old 12-17-2005, 06:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Naked AV
I'm still selling the Fluidyne unit that I never installed: Fluidyne H/E
It's too thick. I had to cut away the back of my grill in order to install the Radix heat exchanger and your Fluidyne unit is quite a bit thicker than the Radix.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JimS
It's too thick. I had to cut away the back of my grill in order to install the Radix heat exchanger and your Fluidyne unit is quite a bit thicker than the Radix.
That is correct, the Fluidyne unit is thicker, and if you were planning on putting it in front of your radiator, it probably wouldn't work. It would, however, fit between the frame rails of a full size GM truck or SUV, and therefore can be mounted down lower, removing obstruction from in front of your radiator.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Mark.... did you ever decide how much you'd have to get for one of your xlarge, super-dooper heat exchangers? Thanks Jim. (when I do the heads/cam/headers/meth/wb af guage this spring I also have a 34" radiator to replace my 28" and an elec fan to add and I thought I'd just as well do the hx at the same time)
Old 01-21-2006, 08:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Man, you dug this one up. $250 shipped. I got to get my stuff together, but thanks for reminding me. I'll get a few of them together since the summer season is just around the corner. Don't hessitate to pester me. I am one,busy, lazy and forgetfull SOB!

Quick Reply: Who is interested in a larger radix intercooler?